• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Overall Bot Making

Started by CLaNBaN, February 08, 2004, 06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuberload

Quote from: Newby on February 08, 2004, 11:48 PM
Quote from: Stealth on February 08, 2004, 11:42 PM
Quote from: SuB7 on February 08, 2004, 07:47 PM
o.OV IM CLaNBaN my bot is very easy to use and newb friendly like Stealthbot(sry stealth) but myn has more UseFull functions

In my view, the "best" bot would be both userfriendly for those users who only need basic features and powerful for those who wish to delve deeper into its functionality.

Hence, scripting was invented? :)

Yes scripting is a nice feature, but what you really got to do is have a beginner and an advanced configuration setup. Both do the same thing of course; the only difference is how difficult it was to get it done. ;D That way you have the people that just want to chat covered, and the people who like to figure things out taken care of as well.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

bRoKeN

o.OV IM CLaNBaN my bot is very easy to use and newb friendly like Stealthbot(sry stealth) but myn has more UseFull functions

In my view, the "best" bot would be both userfriendly for those users who only need basic features and powerful for those who wish to delve deeper into its functionality.

Agreed. . .

Liquid

Chewy is hash based... only loads war2 though  :-\

Skywing

Quote from: Newby on February 08, 2004, 11:48 PM

Hence, scripting was invented? :)
I'd prefer something like extension dlls that lets you use your language of choice instead of being limited to a specific (and possibly unfamiliar) scripting language.

Kp

Quote from: Skywing on February 10, 2004, 11:53 AMI'd prefer something like extension dlls that lets you use your language of choice instead of being limited to a specific (and possibly unfamiliar) scripting language.

Generally, I agree.  However, I see two major attractive points for scripting:

* doesn't require a compiler installed (and can potentially produce much more compact scripts than a plugin to do the same thing)
* much harder to crash the host process.  One errant pointer dereference in a C DLL and a heap corruption (or access violation) might occur.  Access violations can be caught, but heap corruptions can be a mess.  A well written scripting host will be quite hard to crash, but IMO it'd be very difficult to write an extension-dll handler that provides near complete safety against bad extensions crashing everything.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Imperceptus

Bad side to using a scripting language, will develope another volley of scripting noobs.  With 1 in ever 20 or so having the faintest idea of whats going on.
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Hamtaro

Quote from: Liquid[BH] on February 10, 2004, 04:01 AM
Chewy is hash based... only loads war2 though  :-\

does that mean you cant be hash based and support other games?

Zakath

Not at all. ZakBot is, and has been since it was created, purely dependent on local hashing. It supports SC, BW, War2, D2, and D2XP, including minimal support for dealing with the D2 MCP server.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Hamtaro

why doesnt it support war3?

UserLoser.

Quote from: Hamtaro on February 12, 2004, 04:05 PM

The hashing required for Warcraft III is currently different than all other products

Forged

Quote from: Newby on February 08, 2004, 09:24 PM
Quote from: Myndfyre on February 08, 2004, 09:17 PM
Quote from: DaRk-FeAnOr on February 08, 2004, 09:16 PM
QuoteSUPREME cmds
That made me laugh.
MY SUP83M3 B0T PWNS U!!!

PH33R!!!!

I want to see this AIM Client, the PHP/e107 management, and this "self made mp3 player" :)

You can get the aim client and mp3 player off of http://pscode.com/ as for the e107 management I am confused as to what he meant.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Spht

Quote from: Panda on February 20, 2004, 09:48 PM
Quote from: Hamtaro on February 12, 2004, 04:05 PM

That's soon to come. . .

I think he was asking about Zakath's bot...