• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

My Tabasco bottle collection

Started by Yoni, February 06, 2004, 09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazard

They have been selling those half Cokes for quite a while now...

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Netcooler

Quote from: Yoni on February 07, 2004, 11:32 PM
Quote from: Grok on February 07, 2004, 08:23 PM
Is that a 4oz can of Coke?  Tiniest can I have ever seen, and I live 2 hours from Atlanta, world headquarters of Coca Cola.

No, it's 150ml (equivalent to about 5 oz).
This particular can was served to a friend of mine in a plane between Israel and Holland (not sure which direction).
The can has writing on it: "Canned under authority of the Coca-Cola company by Menken Drinks B.V.. Bodegraven, Holland". But it also says "Approved by the head rabbinate in Tel Aviv", so it's hard to tell.

Anyway, that was longer than 2 years ago (IIRC), and the can has lived on my window sill ever since.

I got it on the way from Israel to England, not Holland. Holland trip was 1999, whereas England trip was 2002, so there.

Mephisto

Do you speak your native language when you go out with friends and in public?  Or is it mostly English you speak?  (Yoni)

Yoni

Quote from: Mephisto on March 01, 2004, 11:00 PM
Do you speak your native language when you go out with friends and in public?  Or is it mostly English you speak?  (Yoni)
Mostly Hebrew IRL, but only English in Internet conversations (and not because Hebrew's not supported).

Netcooler

Quote from: Yoni on March 02, 2004, 02:23 AM
Quote from: Mephisto on March 01, 2004, 11:00 PM
Mostly Hebrew IRL, but only English in Internet conversations (and not because Hebrew's not supported).

Yoni and I mostly speak English when we meet IRL, but sometimes Hebrew. Drives Yoni's mom crazy =) She asked me once "I've never heard Yoni speak English, how come you guys speak English together all the time?"
That was fun ::)

iago

Does she know English, or do you just confuse here?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Yoni

Quote from: iago on March 02, 2004, 08:25 AM
Does she know English, or do you just confuse here?
She knows English, and we just confuse her.

Netcooler

Don't forget your little sisters. Boy, do they get mad when we reference stuff, and they're like "wtf, mate^^".
Anyone else wanna hear something personal about Yoni's unsatisfying home life?

iago

I always thought Hebrew was one of those written-only languages.  Shows what I know :)

muert0

heh, a bunch of silent jewish men sitting around writing and passing around a note pad. oh well it was the first thing that popped into my head.
To lazy for slackware.

iago

Quote from: crashtestdummy on March 03, 2004, 08:41 PM
heh, a bunch of silent jewish men sitting around writing and passing around a note pad. oh well it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Well, I figured they had a different spoken language.  Jewgrish or something.

Soul Taker

The people demand a tabasco bottle collection update!

Soul Taker

The appeasing angle satisfies the people.

iago

Is the front one bigger, or are you using perspective to make it look that way?

|