• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Discussion About Useful Bot Features

Started by Networks, January 29, 2004, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser.

Quote from: R.a.B.B.i.T on January 31, 2004, 10:15 PM
I've received 0x59 on SEXP and my bot's parsing registered an email.

That's odd, because battle.snp doesn't support 0x59

R.a.B.B.i.T

Battle.snp may not support it, but I log all the packets that I receive in the Immediate window, and I have gotten 0x59.

UserLoser.

Quote from: R.a.B.B.i.T on February 01, 2004, 01:08 PM
Battle.snp may not support it, but I log all the packets that I receive in the Immediate window, and I have gotten 0x59.

I highly doubt that the server sent you this, and you got confused with what was in the Immediate window

R.a.B.B.i.T

I set my parse function to grab the packet header and print it to the Immediate window along with a timestamp.  This is done before parsing even begins, so I'm starting to get curious as to why I'm getting 0x59 when everybody says it's impossible...

MyndFyre

Quote from: Networks on January 30, 2004, 12:21 PM
thanks to tuberload and userloser. the only guys mature enough to answer simple questions with simple answers without being so damn sarcastic.

Well Networks....  Part of the reason I'm being sarcastic here is....

Why do you even want to make a bot?  Isn't there something that you want to do with a bot that isn't already there?

I spent a lot of time brainstorming ideas that would make my bot both up-to-par with current features (such as botmail) and unique.

Why re-invent the wheel?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Imperceptus

Why not just make an addon for a bot thats already out?  Im working on some tight addon for Stealth Bot using its Scripting Capabilities.
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Networks

Because i believe i can make a decent chat bot thats reliable and not buggy. I dont believe Stealth Bot is the best out there. I am making bot that is unique in its own way u'll see... U'LL ALL SEE!!! I am adding features people wanna see rather than the same tic tac toe shit and w/e. Just asking for ideas here to see if theres anything i haven't added already.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Wow...just noticed that StealthBot sort of ripped off my scripting system, except for the really cool part :)

I wanted a stable moderation bot which had unlimited extensibility, so I wrote PhatBot. What do you need in your bot? Write it.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: St0rm.iD on February 03, 2004, 02:18 PM
Wow...just noticed that StealthBot sort of ripped off my scripting system, except for the really cool part :)

I wanted a stable moderation bot which had unlimited extensibility, so I wrote PhatBot. What do you need in your bot? Write it.
StealthBot uses the MSSCRIPT.OCX made by Microsoft, no stealage done.

Unlimited extensibility is the following: open source.

Dyndrilliac

Quote from: Networks on February 03, 2004, 02:06 PM
Because i believe i can make a decent chat bot thats reliable and not buggy. I dont believe Stealth Bot is the best out there. I am making bot that is unique in its own way u'll see... U'LL ALL SEE!!! I am adding features people wanna see rather than the same tic tac toe shit and w/e. Just asking for ideas here to see if theres anything i haven't added already.

Who cares what other people want. Make your bot with what you want, and what you need.StealthBot may have a few bugs, but for the average Bnet person who is busy enough and just want a user friendly bot, he is performing a great public service. Just because he chose to mold his bot to what people want and make it freely ac cessible to the public doesn't mean you have to do the same.

However - for the purpose of being on topic, I just recently added the ability for users to freely edit and access the bot's hasing system and version type data so it can be easily updated everytime a patch occurs without needing BNLS or to wait for an updated bot executable.

However, if you're going to be handing this bot out to people who dont know what they're doing you should add in the config file for those who don't know what they're doing to leave this option alone, and make it so users who do not edit it will go through the default procedure. A quick fix to this is , say for example version byte:
Public Sub Setup()
On Error Resume Next
VerByte = GetStuff("Config", "BotSetup", "VersionByte")
If VerByte = vbNullString Then VerByte = "C7"
' Default = C7(v1.10)

This allows the user to edit the VerByte for SC, and if they choose to leave the option blank in options it goes into the default value of C7, for Version 1.10.  When the bot executable launches, SEtup() is called and the neccessary information is entered automatically, and ready to connect with new or default data.

Edit: This feature would also be handy for SC Game Bots going into TCP/IP Games using an older version of SC for hashes.
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.