• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

What's your handle?

Started by Zerg, November 30, 2003, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerg

What's a Skywing, a Yoni, an Adron, a Kp.
what do they all mean?!!?

Mitosis

No I am GoDsOfDeaTh and Mitosis so there! ;)

Soul Taker

Quote from: Zerg on December 01, 2003, 07:22 AM
What's a Skywing, a Yoni, an Adron, a Kp.
what do they all mean?!!?
I believe Yoni is the shorter version of his real name.

iago

Kp = Korean Power
Adron is probably some swedish thing.. perhaps a variation of his name?

And good luck trying to get information on Skywing and Grok.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

warz

Quote from: iago on December 01, 2003, 08:52 AMAnd good luck trying to get information on Skywing and Grok.

Quote from: Grok on November 30, 2003, 06:36 PMI choose Grok because a friend had a DnD character named Grok back in the 80's, in the mainframe game 0avatar.  Grok kicked butt, so when I got on battle.net I made that my pseudonym.  It was only later that I learned of "A Stranger In A Strange Land", read it, and loved it.

With your luck, I have accomplished what you thought was not possible! Thank you, iago!

Adron

I created the name Adron back in the late 80's or early 90's as a handle for a DOS-based "rpg". Me and "Dzai" used to play. I then continued to use that in the Ultima series (IV and V were around then), in various other rpg's, and eventually as a name for a Diablo character.

I selected letters to make it somewhat pronounceable, and lacking better inspiration, I picked some of the letters from my real name. I also wanted to make it sound like a wizard/mage since that's the type of character I mostly play.

At that time I had no idea that anyone else would've used that name, but it's later come to my knowledge that there is a book character (a wizard) named Adron, some tool corp (see www.adron.com) and actually some real people named Adron. I don't think there are any Swedes named Adron in real life though.

Spht

Upon first getting on to Battle.net with Diablo Shareware, I thought: I need to think of a cool handle for myself. I quickly reached for the Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary:

After opening it up, I quickly saw:

Vandyke 2

Hmmm... Nahhh. So I turned some more pages, and look what jumped right out at me!

Hey it's that spht word we learned in Chemistry! How perfect!

So I made the account and got on Battle.net.

Fin.

Denial

Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

AssassinRC

I don't have an elaborate tale as to where I got my handle from. When I first went on battle.net I was 11 years old, and I had just finish playing a war-based board game (Samurai Swords) where you create armies of Ninja's and Ronin's to try and run rampant over your enemies. I didn't know what a Ronin was, so someone explained to me it was similar to an Assassin. I didn't know what an Assassin was either, so once I heard the explanation I thought they were cool I guess. It wasn't until a year later I realized everyone else on battle.net thought Assassin's were so cool too. Blech, ah well.

BTW: Vandyke isn't a bad name.

Vandyke

DarkVirus

I've always been fasinated with arcane magic and such. I used to read about it and really got into it so the only way to live what truely inspired and tickled my curiosity was to play games that resembled it. Playing games like the diablo series, the Ultima series, Dungeon Seige and other various games, especially the hundreds I've played/beaten on various console systems over the past 13 years was the only way to live it. From there the first part "Dark" was born.

The love for video games throughout my life and considering the fact that technology was one of the few things that surpressed a very hyper kid and anger at time, was another reason for getting into gaming etc... From there I got into programming, hacking, web design and almost anything that had to do with computers and chose it as a career and have excelled tremendously at it. With a little help from that and the fact that I was considered a godly figure back in Diablo 1 and other games where I would dominate and just kill unmercifully, the rest "Virus" was born.

Obviously I didn't create my name over the course of 12 years but the stories intertwine to the point that I dropped various handles such as "BlackMagic" and some others to create what everyone knows me now as DarkVirus.

Amazing...but true  8)
To restrict ones ability to learn based on current surroundings means to never learn anything at all. - DarkVirus

wut

"wut" is like "what" except it's just so fresh, so clean :D
"wat" or "wot" can also be used

j0k3r

Quote from: wut on December 01, 2003, 02:17 PM
I tend to disagree, "what" is proper, and hence clean, while "wut" is used as slang and by lazy people, making it unclean.

But hey, it's your name and your mind think what you want :)
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Mitosis

DarkVirus your a gangsta man! ;) lol [referring to his pic]

Denial

Quote from: wut on December 01, 2003, 02:17 PM

um i thought that was zest? remember zestfully clean? so fresh so clean?
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

|