• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I'm hardly passing Algebra 3-4 with a D-

Started by UserLoser., November 25, 2003, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

Quote from: kamakazie on November 29, 2003, 01:17 PM
Quote from: hismajesty on November 26, 2003, 04:56 PM
A, B, C, D, E. Also, I think I'm going to drop IB since I think colleges will rather have A's in AP classes over D's in IB classes. Which would put me in regular Algebra II. Or I could drop it and take it later.

Actually, most of them will care about your test score in that class if you take the AP Test.  Get a 5 and a D in the class, shows that you're smart but don't want to apply yourself.  Get a 5 and an A, shows that you're smart and willing to work hard.

IB Test != AP Test.

dxoigmn

iago

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

iago

International Bachetadghsaolkjv

It's ap++, much more difficult.  Harder assignments, and evil exams, but looks better.  

My school never offered it, but I've heard stories

UserLoser.

Actually, most of them will care about your test score in that class if you take the AP Test.  Get a 5 and a D in the class, shows that you're smart but don't want to apply yourself.  Get a 5 and an A, shows that you're smart and willing to work hard.

I'd fall under the smart but not applying my self.  I've been slacking off on doing my homework, and havn't studied for a test since like the 6th grade... As far as tests, I generally do good, and exceed the average results...

hismajesty

Quote from: UserLoser. on December 03, 2003, 05:59 PM

I'd fall under the smart but not applying my self.  I've been slacking off on doing my homework, and havn't studied for a test since like the 6th grade... As far as tests, I generally do good, and exceed the average results...

I've hardly ever studied for a test in my whole life. IB is said to be weighed equally with AP but I don't beleive that. The IB test is harder than the AP test and if you pass them you get the IB seal on your diploma, if you fail them you just get the IB certificate. My problem isn't that I'm not smart for, if I wasn't smart I wouldn't be in IB/AP/Honors or any of that mess but the putting effort towards it instead of goofing off part is my problem. Yoni is so deprived over there in Israel btw. :P

iago

I never studed untilU1.  But since I've been in university, I've been working my ass off.

j0k3r

You have to in university, tests and the exam make up almost your whole mark.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Mitosis

Hismajesty, why dont you ask for extra help man, come in like an hour earlyer before school starts. Get your teacher to teach you it or review it then practice some questions. Thats what I did for a couple weeks when I was having the trouble and now Im back up in the eightys. It would be best if YOU ask your teacher for help though. Remember just an hour a day can really help you.

Raven

My school didn't offer IB either, but from what I know, the International Baccalaureate math exam isn't considered much more prestigious than the AP Calculus AB and BC exams. The AP tests will essentially test your knowledge of the first three semesters of Calculus. It's more indepth than the Math IB which essentially tests your knowledge, understanding, and ability to apply a whole bunch of mathematics that you would have learned up to the point of taking the exam.

j0k3r

Quote from: Mitosis on December 04, 2003, 07:13 AM
Hismajesty, why dont you ask for extra help man, come in like an hour earlyer before school starts. Get your teacher to teach you it or review it then practice some questions. Thats what I did for a couple weeks when I was having the trouble and now Im back up in the eightys. It would be best if YOU ask your teacher for help though.
Firstly, highschool and university teachers do not care enough to come in early, some don't even care enough to stay after school to help you. Getting 80's in highschool is not quite as easy as 80's in elementary school, don't ask me why I still haven't figured out how I dropped from 80's to 60's.
Remember just an hour a day can really help you.
One hour a day can also kill you, depending on what you spend it doing.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Banana fanna fo fanna

Blah, I homeroom my way through that class :)

Ti-83+ has saved my ass on many a test.

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on December 04, 2003, 03:22 PM
Hismajesty, why dont you ask for extra help man, come in like an hour earlyer before school starts. Get your teacher to teach you it or review it then practice some questions. Thats what I did for a couple weeks when I was having the trouble and now Im back up in the eightys. It would be best if YOU ask your teacher for help though.
Firstly, highschool and university teachers do not care enough to come in early, some don't even care enough to stay after school to help you. Getting 80's in highschool is not quite as easy as 80's in elementary school, don't ask me why I still haven't figured out how I dropped from 80's to 60's.

My teachers were always there before and after class, and were always more than happy to talk about anything, unless they were very busy.  In university, it's even better.  I frequently talk to professors, both ones that teach my courses and ones who don't.

j0k3r

Quote from: iago on December 04, 2003, 04:17 PM
My teachers were always there before and after class, and were always more than happy to talk about anything, unless they were very busy.  In university, it's even better.  I frequently talk to professors, both ones that teach my courses and ones who don't.
Wow, where do you live again?
John Vo

|