• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on March 30, 2005, 06:39 PM
When you're a waiter, a large portion of your pay also comes from tips, so whether you're being paid good money or not makes little difference.

Same goes for bartenders.  The bartenders where I used to work made (after working there for _25_ years) $9/hour (that's about $7.50 American), but they'd make $100+/night in tips.  They literally live off tips.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Dang, that isn't bad
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

rawG

Wish i made tips at my job.. I dont make enough at all!
Ill rip your face off and slap your skull.

hismajesty

Woo, I was one of the 5% of 24,000 applicants that was accepted into the "Who's Who Among American High School Students" program thingy.

CrAz3D

Very cool, so now you're like a sponsor for your school?  I don't remember what the letter said.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

It's some book thing, just a list of the top HS students in the country I guess. I just wanted to be accepted so I could use 'The College Referral Service' and it also opened me up to 127 new scholarships.

QuoteRecent surveys indicate that nearly 90% of responding college admissions directors use the CRS when considering students for admission. Each year over 100,000 referrasls are made for Who's Who students.

I don't know how well this is looked upon by bigger universities, but I figure everything little thing can help when applying to where I want to go.

CrAz3D

Yeah, anything helps.

I think I remember, it is like a big year book sorta thing?  With your info & picture & you have to pay like $35+ if you want a copy?
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

The 'Standard Edition' is $40.95. I wasn't sure if this was real or not at first, and I figured if I ordered it I'd be automatically accepted. So, to test that, I didn't place an order while submitting my application. So, *shrug*, I don't know. It can't do any harm to me.

Archonist

Hey, I got accepted to who's who awhile back too...  :P

Well okay, no I didn't! But I remember my sister being accepted.. My parents made some big deal and stuff.

SNiFFeR

I got a job at Winn-Dixie and it sucks. :P

CrAz3D

What/where is that?
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 06, 2005, 09:25 AM
What/where is that?

It's a grocery store, it went out of business here though.

CrAz3D

wtf, how does he have a job there though? :(
(ré-bun-dance)

Blaze

Two different places.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 06, 2005, 04:21 PM
wtf, how does he have a job there though? :(

...it went out of business here though.

|