• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

For: Son_Of_Bsd (As known on battle.net)

Started by Bsd, October 29, 2003, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Yoni

hmm, since when has lack of response to ICMP ping been a good indicator of a nonexistent computer?

See also: 63.240.202.138

Bsd

lol, just because his router/firewall nulls pings doesn't mean that his box is secure...

iago

Couldn't portscan a connection anywhere; or could I?  I forget now.  ohwell.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

warz

Bsd, I've seen you confortable around a group of people on IRC. I've let you hang out with my group on IRC. My group has helped you get to where you think you are right now, in some way or another. You can give me that load of bull shit about 'not being able to get there,' but you don't even know the half of it. If you were being sarcastic,  <sarcasm> then good one, it was so damn hilarious. </sarcasm>

Bsd

Pffft, when was the last time I actually spoke to you about something aside from docs lists..? A year, maybe more?

Not to mention the only thing I did while around you then was packet shit.. So what are you trying to say? You had some major part in the development of my computer related skills..? Please.. Half of what I do is frowned upon by you and your so called "people".. So don't tell me that what I am doing now has anything to do/ever did have anything to do with you.

warz

You obviously haven't come a long way, man. I think the best thing I've seen you do yet, is admit that the people you used to look up to, are frowing upon what you're currently doing. (and honestly, p.s. - I have no clue what you're currently doing. maybe somebody else on x0r.slacktech.com, where we are, does?)

No need to be stubborn, Bsd. I mean, shit, I'd admit it if you taught me something useful. Where's the love, damn?

Bsd

I must be missing something... I obviously wasn't a large part of whatever you used to do... I hopped on confs occasionally and used slacktech to host my net... I wasn't very much interested in the doings of "Beta" and your "people"... If I said that I didn't learn anything in the process of our encounters I'd be lying, so I won't..

I'm sure I took a wealth of knowledge away from the time spent between #!unix-monkey and #beta... I am just unable to recall what it was that I learned.. Not to mention to arrogant to give credit to those who dare challenege the great and powerful BSD!

warz

Quote from: Bsd on November 04, 2003, 11:24 PMSo don't tell me that what I am doing now has anything to do/ever did have anything to do with you.

Quote from: Bsd on November 04, 2003, 11:24 PMIf I said that I didn't learn anything in the process of our encounters I'd be lying, so I won't..

Alright, just making sure.

Love,
warz

Bsd

Just because I learned something in process of being on #beta/#!unix-monkey, doesn't mean that it has anything to do with what I am doing now.. Just because I learn how to make cookies in cooking class doesn't mean that I'm ever going to make cookies.. Get what I am saying?

*Edit: Btw... Kind of hard not to learn *ANYTHING* in the course of being on the internet.. So when I say I learned something during encounters.. Don't think it was some life altering bit of information.

Moonshine

Btw, how old are you, BSD, just out of curiousity?

Tuberload

Quote from: iago on November 04, 2003, 02:56 PM
Couldn't portscan a connection anywhere; or could I? I forget now. ohwell.
You would have found some ports open. I have allowed some server applications to run.

Quote from: Bsd on November 04, 2003, 02:34 PM
lol, just because his router/firewall nulls pings doesn't mean that his box is secure...
No but that is a good indication that my box is at least headed in the right direction. I personally feel safe, unless of course you find out about someone else's work and exploit it before I do and get it patched. ;D

Edit: Like I originally said though I could care less about this bickering, and am not taking sides.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Yoni

I don't mean to go off topic (or is it back on topic?), but has Thing been destroyed yet..?

Thing

I don't feel destroyed.  Maybe I am and it just hasn't set in yet.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

Bsd

Check out the IPs i have been posting from.. I haven't been @ home in close to 9 days.. I am *finally* back though... Still waiting on those third party suggestions for our little challenege... ANY SUGGESTIONS!?!

|