• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNSimulator: bot development tool

Started by Tuberload, October 21, 2003, 12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuberload

Thanks
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Grok

Which version of battle.net does it emulate?

Does it support account numbers?

Adron

As far as I know, account numbers don't apply to the chat protocol, or to the current binary protocol?

Freeware

sounds intresting, maybe the next BNETed?

iago

eww@editing out the original post.. I would have liked to read it!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Grok

I don't like that BBS feature.  Non-moderators should not be able to edit posts which have replies.

Tuberload

I was asking for any suggestions or idea's for a server/development tool that mimic's the chat protocol. This is a learning situation for me, and I figured I would get some feed back I myself might have over looked. I felt like my post wasn't wanted so deleted it. If you like I will repost.
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

iago

Quote from: Tuberload on October 21, 2003, 10:36 PM
I was asking for any suggestions or idea's for a server/development tool that mimic's the chat protocol. This is a learning situation for me, and I figured I would get some feed back I myself might have over looked. I felt like my post wasn't wanted so deleted it. If you like I will repost.

Based on their responses, it doesn't seem like it was unwanted..
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Grok

Quote from: Adron on October 21, 2003, 04:16 PM
As far as I know, account numbers don't apply to the chat protocol, or to the current binary protocol?

As far as I know, what you know so far is accurate.  IIRC, and I might not RC, well now I forgot what I was recalling, so far.  Still, when he mentioned he might later add game support, I extrapolated that the 'chat' term in 'chat server' was not specific to mean non-binary, but to mean BNCS emulation overall, but first supporting the chatting features.

That being the case, whether it was the case, is the case, or never was or is not currently the case, there would be choices of which BNCS to emulate.  In the stream of time there have been many iterations of BNCS varying by stability and features, account numbers among them.

Soul Taker

Ergo, concorduntly, vis-a-vis, hope is the quintessential human delusion... that's about all I got from your post Grok =P

Tuberload

Quote from: Grok on October 22, 2003, 12:35 AM
Quote from: Adron on October 21, 2003, 04:16 PM

As far as I know, what you know so far is accurate.  IIRC, and I might not RC, well now I forgot what I was recalling, so far.  Still, when he mentioned he might later add game support, I extrapolated that the 'chat' term in 'chat server' was not specific to mean non-binary, but to mean BNCS emulation overall, but first supporting the chatting features.

That being the case, whether it was the case, is the case, or never was or is not currently the case, there would be choices of which BNCS to emulate.  In the stream of time there have been many iterations of BNCS varying by stability and features, account numbers among them.

I sort of understand what you are saying:

Grok is not doubting my knowledge of the chat protocol, but I was not specific in my projects description. Yada yada, whether Grok was right or wrong, the main point is there are two protocol types, telnet and game.

I thought you were sarcastically telling me I don't know what I am doing, so stfu.

Woops

Adron

Grok wasn't doubting *my* knowledge .. I don't think he said anything about your knowledge.

Tuberload

I left out a part of that sentence, my mistake.

Grok

Quote from: Adron on October 22, 2003, 03:02 AM
Grok wasn't doubting *my* knowledge .. I don't think he said anything about your knowledge.

Undoubtedly, I don't doubt that.
Thus, it goes without saying that ..

UserLoser

Quote from: Soul Taker on October 22, 2003, 02:14 AM
Ergo, concorduntly, vis-a-vis, hope is the quintessential human delusion... that's about all I got from your post Grok =P

What the hell does that mean?