• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

MSN Support

Started by WiLD, October 18, 2003, 10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiLD

Ok i wanna add msn support 2 my bot. i want it so it can login and send/recive messages.

so when it recieves a message it whispers it to its master and u can send a msg like .msnsend <person> <message>

i have been able 2 add AIM support but not quiet get the send command to work, but @ least i can recive. If you have and thing that might help could you please post.

Thank you in advance
[edit]In VB plz[/edit]
=_=  &&  g0dFraY  &&  -=Templar=-  @USWest

UserLoser

you do know there is a msn bot development forum

Kp

Once you support BCPs, you can use MSNClient.bcpx (and many other very handy BCPs as well), thus saving you the trouble of actually writing a new MSN client.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

UserLoser

I thought bcpx's can only be used on BC

Kp

BCP and BCPX are both usable anywhere, afaik.  Assuming, of course, that the application using it meets the requirements of the BCP/BCPX.

iago

The easiest way is to hook a regular MSN Client's vital calls, probably.

And I don't think MSN-Client has the functionality that he is looking for.

Finally, would you try to use better english?  2->to/two u->you and so forth, it takes a lot longer than necessary to read it the way you write.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Spht

Quote from: Kp on October 19, 2003, 12:36 AM
BCP and BCPX are both usable anywhere, afaik.  Assuming, of course, that the application using it meets the requirements of the BCP/BCPX.

Not in Visual Basic though, with the only current resource we have: BinaryChat Emulation Layer, which does not yet support BCPX.

Kp

Quote from: Spht on October 19, 2003, 10:48 AM
Not in Visual Basic though, with the only current resource we have: BinaryChat Emulation Layer, which does not yet support BCPX.
Right.  BCEL does not currently meet the requirements of BCPX.  However, if someone were to update it (or stop using VB...), things should be fine.

UserLoser

Quote from: Kp on October 19, 2003, 11:08 AM
Quote from: Spht on October 19, 2003, 10:48 AM
Right.  BCEL does not currently meet the requirements of BCPX.  However, if someone were to update it (or stop using VB...), things should be fine.

It'd be great if someone updated it :)

Kp

Quote from: UserLoser on October 19, 2003, 11:28 AM
Quote from: Kp on October 19, 2003, 11:08 AMRight.  BCEL does not currently meet the requirements of BCPX.  However, if someone were to update it (or stop using VB...), things should be fine.
Why?  Just stop using a language that can't properly call BCPs natively...

UserLoser

Quote from: Kp on October 19, 2003, 03:27 PM
Quote from: Kp on October 19, 2003, 11:08 AMRight.  BCEL does not currently meet the requirements of BCPX.  However, if someone were to update it (or stop using VB...), things should be fine.

Some people don't know C++ as well as others

Hitmen

Quote from: UserLoser on October 19, 2003, 05:03 PM
Quote from: Kp on October 19, 2003, 03:27 PM

Some people don't know C++ as well as others
Some people could try and learn.

Arta

You don't have to use C++. You have to not use VB. APBot2 (Written in Delphi) supported BCP up to revision 4.

Adron

Arta