• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Noob Question

Started by Dyndrilliac, October 16, 2003, 03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyndrilliac

What's the code for the enter button in "On KeyPress" functions?

Example:

Private Sub Text1_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)

End Sub
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Skywing

Try 13.

In the future, please keep in mind that this forum is for issues relating directly to Battle.net and writing bots for it.  Just because somebody might use this code snippet in a bot doesn't mean that it should be posted here and not elsewhere, say the General Programming forum.

Dyndrilliac

Well, sorry, I guess I should have mentioned my purpose was to send chat with a  text box using the enter button. My apologies.
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Adron

Quote from: Dyndrilliac on October 16, 2003, 03:56 PM
Well, sorry, I guess I should have mentioned my purpose was to send chat with a  text box using the enter button. My apologies.

Your purpose shouldn't matter. I shouldn't ask who makes the greatest pizzas here just because I intend to have one of those great pizzas while I'm making plans for my bot development?

Things may be related, but if they're not obviously directly connected to things that happen in bot making, another forum might be more appropriate. Now, if there was a place that only sold pizza's to bot developers it would be a totally different thing....

Skywing

I think you misunderstood me.  What I meant was: this forum is for discussions of stuff like the behavior of the Battle.net servers, the formats/behavior of Battle.net chatserver messages, etc.

So, if you have a question related to Visual Basic controls that you happen to be using in your Battle.net bot, you should post in the General Programming forum.  If you had a question about a specific Battle.net issue, such as how a certain message is formatted, this forum would be the appropriate place to post in.

UserLoser

Quote from: Skywing on October 16, 2003, 04:33 PMSo, if you have a question related to Visual Basic controls that you happen to be using in your Battle.net bot, you should post in the General Programming forum.  If you had a question about a specific Battle.net issue, such as how a certain message is formatted, this forum would be the appropriate place to post in.

How about you share 0x53 + 0x54 format :)

Skywing

Quote from: UserLoser on October 16, 2003, 04:35 PM

Documentation on those messages is available in the BNLS Protocol Specification.

UserLoser

Quote from: Skywing on October 16, 2003, 04:45 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on October 16, 2003, 04:35 PM

Documentation on those messages is available in the BNLS Protocol Specification.

Yes, but that just tells a user to insert the data recieved from BNLS, and toss in their username.

iago

Quote from: Adron on October 16, 2003, 04:24 PM

Your purpose shouldn't matter. I shouldn't ask who makes the greatest pizzas here just because I intend to have one of those great pizzas while I'm making plans for my bot development?

Things may be related, but if they're not obviously directly connected to things that happen in bot making, another forum might be more appropriate. Now, if there was a place that only sold pizza's to bot developers it would be a totally different thing....

Is that the secret to bot development?  Eating good pizzas?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

Quote from: Adron on October 16, 2003, 04:24 PM

Well if the bot was supposed to make the pizza, would that count?

BlazingKnight

Man. You guys are dicks.

iago

Quote from: BlazingKnight on October 16, 2003, 10:30 PM
Man. You guys are dicks.

hmm?  His question was answered, wasn't it?

Grok

Man. You guys are dicks.

Right.  We suck for hosting a forum for sharing a great deal of information and discussion with anyone and everyone who wants to stop by and read it.  We're dicks for putting up with nonstop ingratitude by little dipwads who never put forth any effort to try things on their own, and come here demanding and even expecting that it all be given to them.  Then they whine when someone suggests that they make an effort to help keep the forum streamlined by posting a message in the appropriate place.

Yeh, what dicks.

iago

Quote from: Grok on October 16, 2003, 10:41 PM
Man. You guys are dicks.

Right.  We suck for hosting a forum for sharing a great deal of information and discussion with anyone and everyone who wants to stop by and read it.  We're dicks for putting up with nonstop ingratitude by little dipwads who never put forth any effort to try things on their own, and come here demanding and even expecting that it all be given to them.  Then they whine when someone suggests that they make an effort to help keep the forum streamlined by posting a message in the appropriate place.

Yeh, what dicks.

Woo, gogo Grok!!

Skywing

Man. You guys are dicks.
You might note that while politely informing the original poster that his/her post was slightly off-topic, an answer was still given.

You're welcome to not use this free service if you don't like it.