• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Noob Question

Started by Dyndrilliac, October 16, 2003, 03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

Quote from: hismajesty on October 16, 2003, 08:02 PM
Well if the bot was supposed to make the pizza, would that count?

Maybe. If the bot served the pizzas over the connection to battle.net or botnet it would probably count.

Quote from: iago on October 16, 2003, 06:48 PM
Is that the secret to bot development?  Eating good pizzas?

Good pizzas and lots of sugar (chocolate,  candy, etc) yes. That's what keeps you going through all the long hours reversing the inner workings of Blizzard software.

WiLD

Good pizzas and lots of sugar (chocolate,  candy, etc) yes. That's what keeps you going through all the long hours reversing the inner workings of Blizzard software.
really? i never knew that, i stay up till about 2am and get so tired my eyes drop tears =/
I might get my self some candy 2night and put it to the test, because it is the weekend so it doesnt matter if it fails!

oyes Dyndrilliac,
even youve been given a hint what to do, ill give you the code.

If KeyAscii = 13 And Text1.Text <> "" Then
       KeyAscii = 0
       Dim strSend As String
       strSend = Text1.Text
CleanSlateBot2.Send Text1.Text
AddChat "<" & varCurrentName & "> ", vbCyan, strSend & vbNewLine, vbWhite

just to prevent some further questions you'll need the CSB (Cleanslatebot) OCX, AddChat module and a Txt box named Text1 =/

Ok, i might have helped alittle too much for him to learn but i was once a "newb" and i figured out most of the above on my own but i did get stuck. When you get stuck you get annonyed then you get pissed then you give up and ........

Ok Ok, ill shutup
=_=  &&  g0dFraY  &&  -=Templar=-  @USWest

Dyndrilliac

Erm, thanks. But just so you know Im not using cleanslate bot =D Im going locally hashed.
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Adron

Quote from: WiLD on October 17, 2003, 03:10 AM
really? i never knew that, i stay up till about 2am and get so tired my eyes drop tears =/
I might get my self some candy 2night and put it to the test, because it is the weekend so it doesnt matter if it fails!

Sugar and loud music will help you work miracles in the nights.

Banana fanna fo fanna

I've found Phish to be especially good for hacking out reams of code. Get some of their 15 minute jam songs, they put you in the rhythm but don't make you focus attention on the song.

BTW, softice sucks when it comes to listening to mp3s :/ I have to keep my minidisc by the computer.

Adron

Quote from: St0rm.iD on October 18, 2003, 10:18 PM
BTW, softice sucks when it comes to listening to mp3s :/ I have to keep my minidisc by the computer.

That is indeed the one big drawback of softice - freezing everything else as well. One thing that works is to play an audio cd (in the good old analog mode). Softice also makes any chats you have going disconnect if you stay in too long.

iago

Quote from: Adron on October 19, 2003, 06:07 AM
Quote from: St0rm.iD on October 18, 2003, 10:18 PM

That is indeed the one big drawback of softice - freezing everything else as well. One thing that works is to play an audio cd (in the good old analog mode). Softice also makes any chats you have going disconnect if you stay in too long.

The worst for me was that my DSL modem would give up on me and I would have to reconnect every time, which forced a dialog box to appear and my program to minimize.  Now I use a network connection, so it's all good!

Also, you can BUY cd's and play them in a CD-Player (remember those?  commercial cd's?)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

Quote from: iago on October 19, 2003, 06:55 AM
Quote from: Adron on October 19, 2003, 06:07 AM
One thing that works is to play an audio cd (in the good old analog mode).

Also, you can BUY cd's and play them in a CD-Player (remember those?  commercial cd's?)

Hmm, wasn't that approximately what I suggested? I didn't emphasize buying, but, a cd-rom mostly works as a cd player in analog mode. I even have play/next and stop/prev buttons on mine.

bmwrb16

Private Sub Text1_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
   Msgbox KeyAscii
End Sub

just press enter and there it is... or any key

Adron

Quote from: bmwrb16 on October 19, 2003, 09:33 AM
   Msgbox KeyAscii
End Sub

That's the best answer so far - telling him how to find out on his own!

iago

Quote from: Adron on October 19, 2003, 10:16 AM
   Msgbox KeyAscii
End Sub

Don't we usually get flamed for making people find it out on their own?

Incedentally, a very small "Submit" button with default = true (or, better yet, a button with the caption "Send" would work nicely as well.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: iago on October 19, 2003, 05:47 PM
Quote from: Adron on October 19, 2003, 10:16 AM
   Msgbox KeyAscii
End Sub

Don't we usually get flamed for making people find it out on their own?

Incedentally, a very small "Submit" button with default = true (or, better yet, a button with the caption "Send" would work nicely as well.

Would work better, in fact.