• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Spoofing Ping

Started by BlazingKnight, September 21, 2003, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoni

BlazingKnight

Yeah. I could use the "Edit" feature, but the reply button was much closer to my pointers current position.

Stealth

That's possibly the lamest excuse I've ever heard.

To finish answering your question and make this post somewhat relevant, you get 0ms ping by sending 0x25 at the server with a DWORD value of 0 immediately after sending 0x50.

But yeah. Edit your posts and don't post irrelevant ones! Forum etiquette all the way!
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Death-Merchant

I'm not trying to get offensive or anything, but no one should have to edit their posts.  If you can't understand what someone is trying to say then there is something wrong.  I can understand if the spelling/grammer is horid.

iago

Quote from: Death-Merchant on September 22, 2003, 07:49 PM
I'm not trying to get offensive or anything, but no one should have to edit their posts.  If you can't understand what someone is trying to say then there is something wrong.  I can understand if the spelling/grammer is horid.

eew?  The post-edit feature was made for a reason, so you could go back and fix a post afterwards if you realize there's a problem..
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Death-Merchant

If you can understand what I posted then there is no problem.  If you can't then one could question your intelligence.

EvilCheese

I can understand if the spelling/grammer is horid.

I can understand if the spelling/grammAr is horRid.*

:)

SiMi

Quote from: Stealth on September 22, 2003, 06:16 PM
That's possibly the lamest excuse I've ever heard.

To finish answering your question and make this post somewhat relevant, you get 0ms ping by sending 0x25 at the server with a DWORD value of 0 immediately after sending 0x50.

But yeah. Edit your posts and don't post irrelevant ones! Forum etiquette all the way!
The DWORD value doesn't always have to be 0.

Death-Merchant

BlazingKnight

So something like this?

If LCase(GetStuff("Alpha", "Lag")) = "0ms" Then
       pbuffer.sendPacket &H50
       pbuffer.InsertDWORD &H0
       pbuffer.sendPacket &H25
End If

______

Quote from: Death-Merchant on September 22, 2003, 07:49 PM

Trying to make your own rules on posting/editing?

BlazingKnight

No, he's just pointing out some useless features.

Death-Merchant

I just think it's bad that you have to have perfect typing to get a decent reply.

Soul Taker

I think it's bad how you're horribly derailing this thread and starting a debate which will never be over in our lifetimes.

Adron

Quote from: Death-Merchant on September 23, 2003, 12:35 AM
I just think it's bad that you have to have perfect typing to get a decent reply.

Caring to fix your typing shows us that you care about your post. If you don't want to spend 10 seconds editing and fixing an obvious spelling error, then maybe we don't want to spend 5 minutes researching and posting a good answer?

(edit: fixed wording)

|