• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Someone interested on reversing xsha1?

Started by xpeh, July 14, 2011, 04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpeh

As a proof, post xsha1 hash of string not longer that 16 characters and sha1 hash of same string. If the hashes are made of same string, i'll post the corresponding string. Any characters (\x00-\xff) are allowed.

MyndFyre

I don't understand... xsha1 has been reversed.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

xpeh

You mean what i have written - you can obtain a password from xsha1 hash?

Ribose

You can't do that with xsha1 or especially sha1 (except by making a table with all possible passwords leading to all possible results). That's the point of a hashing algorithm...
~Ribose

xpeh

Just read the op post... (Is it true that most persons here are native english speakers? I highly doubt that now)

MyndFyre

So, what you're claiming is that you have been able to successfully un-hash a string, then?

A hash is a one-way function.  Like Ribose said, the only way to go backwards is to create a table.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

xpeh

Why do you talk instead of testing that?

rabbit

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about either.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

xpeh

Lol retard, if you are unabled to read the first post in this topic, so i'll do it for you:

Post here xsha1 and sha1 hashes of any string no longer that 16 characters, and i'll try to decrypt it. Undestand?

rabbit

And now you've proven my point: you don't know what you're talking about.

All you'll be able to do is find collisions.  You can't "decrypt" a hash because it's not a crypt, it's a hash.

xpeh

IF you wanna pay attention on terminology, that's not collision but first preimage.

And yes, this forum went completely retarded. What was happened with old VL, after some admin retard has nuked the database for last half year?

I thought you are one of few working Battle.Net programming forums, but no. Not anymore.

Ringo

xpeh still trolls here?

xpeh, when you input into SHA1, infomation is lost, thus your not going to beable to otain said infomation with out finding a clash, a 16byte string that produces the same 20 byte hash. Anyone able to write a loop should beable to do this. You can not "reverse" a hash back to its orginal form, due to the lossy nature of hashing. FACEPALM.
More to the point, what does this have to do with bot development?

Sc00bz

He's telling the truth I just found out about XSHA1 today and well I wrote a program to reverse an XSHA1...

I found a collision (takes 10.8 seconds to run through 0-20 characters):
hash:hex of password:password
99f0fab8b5b4523e0d58e5efe126fa5f12633b4b:31323334353637383930:1234567890
99f0fab8b5b4523e0d58e5efe126fa5f12633b4b:3d750222f3e685ee030cb703a736efda18021630:=u.".........6.....0

(Sorry I didn't find a collision without control characters. You'll need to use the hex to verify.)