• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Dll contains CheckRevision()

Started by Trunning, April 30, 2010, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Trunning

Can I get a working download link for a Dll that contains the necessary functions for packet 0x51.

Thanks.

Mystical

I believe this maybe what your looking for..
http://www.forbiddenlegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.0

I use MBCSUtil.dll for .net though.

Trunning

I just need the functions for packet 0x51, and I'm using C++.

Hdx

For now, use BNLS, you need to learn how to handle network traffic.

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Trunning

Ok, where is the documentation for BNLS on http://bnetdocs.org. And which server do you recommend I use, and by that I mean, the safest.

Mystical

Well, If you use a Library to handle cdkey/password hashing, such as libbnet.dll which is in C++ then it wouldn't really matter what bnls server you use for checkrevision.

as for bnls servers when i do use bnls, i use bnls.mattkv.net which uses JBLS by Hdx.

Trunning

Ok thanks, still need a link to BNLS documentation. And what port for BNLS?

Hdx

Seariously, it has a link on that page called BNLS Protocol Specs
And it has a shitload of links for each BNLS packet... Its like one of the main points of BNetDocs....
I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but you really need to learn to actually read, and understand what you're reading.

Anyways, BNLS works on a simple Request-Response concept. So basically look for a packet that gets you the data you need, look at the request (C->S with same packet name) and send it off.

Just like BNCS, BNLS has a packet header, you can find information about that on BNetDocs under, you guessed it!, Protocol Headers!

As for which server is the safest, I have not been keeping up on the latest servers, but bnls.mattkv.net is a reputable one, or phix.no-ip.biz which is hosted by PhiX from StealthBot.net. So you should be good with both of them.

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Trunning

I looked, even hit Ctrl + F to search for BNLS, found individual packets on the left, but that doesn't tell me the order I need to send them in.

Is there any reference to what order I'm to send them in? And what the packets contain.

Hdx

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Trunning

What port? And just to be sure, I just lookup 0x51, send that to BNLS server, it gives me the information I need for the 0x51 packet, correct?

Hdx

No
you need to look for a S->C BNLS packet that will give you the data you need for BNCS 0x51 C->S, heres a hint, you actually need 2 packets if you are also gunna hash the cdkeys.
Once you find that packet, find it's C->S counter part [Like SID_AUTH_INFO has both a C->S and S->C, BNLS has things like BNLS_VERSIONBYTEREQUEST C->S and S->C]

Once you've found the C->S counter part (heres another hint, it'll contain some of the info you got in SID_AUTH_INFO S->C) build it and send it to BNLS.
BNLS will respond with the S->C version.

Personally, I tell people who are learning Battle.net/network programming, to start with a simple client. Diablo 1. Diablo 1 doesn't need a cdkey, and uses the old password hashing method. So basically it's just 2 requests to BNLS. As opposed to 3+

Bnet Docs has the login sequance for Diablo 1 listed, so it's a piece of cake.

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Trunning

The only packet that jumps out at me is 0x0B, if you can give me links to the packets I will need, that would be great.

Also what port for BNLS Servers?.

Hdx

By default it uses 9367.
And you're not understanding me I am specifically NOT giving you direct links because I want you to learn how to find them on your own.
The 0x0B BNLS_HASHDATA you linked to is the packet you would send to hash your password when you are trying to login. (Works for everything but WC3)

Heres a hint:
CheckRevision() is the Version Check system for Battle.net

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Trunning

It looks like these should be all I need.

0x18
0x1A

|