• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

WCF of ASMX

Started by Imperceptus, December 04, 2009, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperceptus

Ive been looking at possibly working with WCF instead of ASMX, anyone have a preference from personal experience?

not sure if this was for .net forum or webdev
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

MyndFyre

It's mixed. I've found .asmx really easy to set up but then lacking in other features like JSON serialization and the like. I've found WCF more difficult to configure and host properly in ASP.NET, but that if I can avoid using the inordinately complex configuration voodoo it's pretty easy to host in other apps.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Imperceptus

Coming from you thats kinda scary.
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

MusicDemon

I'd say: It what your known with...
Official representative for PvPGN.