• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Suggestion Needed

Started by MrRaza, May 19, 2009, 09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrRaza

To explain the story, my girlfriend and I are rather addicted to LOST. We have most of the seasons on DVD up to season 4. I am wondering if anyone has a program that can stream video content from my girlfriends computer where she has the DVD in her DVD drive to mine so we can watch it at the same time. A lot of the time I am not in the same city as she is and am working in Toronto a lot of the time doing IT contract work.

So, I know that I could probably RDP or use some remote connect software to try and do this but I am wondering if anyone had a suggestion of a dedicated program that could do this.

So yeah... any suggestions are appreciated.

Spht

Leave her.  should make things easier

l)ragon

winamp can stream video content lol
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

bulletproof tiger

is this a sexual refernce joke? i dont get it

pianka

just torrent the seasons and hit play at the same time. leaving her does sound easier though.

Trance

I think VLC has some streaming capabilities, but I'm not sure how extensive they are.

RiffRiot

Seems easier to just make backup copies of the DVD's?  Getting them from a torrent doesn't seem very efficient if you already have copies...

pianka

I just assumed he wasn't with her (and the DVDs) otherwise they wouldn't need to stream it

MrRaza

Quote from: bulletproof tiger on May 20, 2009, 04:22 AM
is this a sexual refernce joke? i dont get it

I already did i joke on that with a hard drive with a broken pin thread a few weeks back.

:)

MrRaza

Quote from: pianka on May 21, 2009, 07:56 PM
I just assumed he wasn't with her (and the DVDs) otherwise they wouldn't need to stream it

And the winner is........

Sixen

Personally, I would just use some Remote Desktop software.
Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

pianka

Personally I'd be torrenting some Trailer Park Boys, not Lost :)

RiffRiot

"A lot of the time I am not in the same city as she is and am working in Toronto a lot of the time doing IT contract work. "

So, wait until you're both in the same town and get a copy of it.. or.. have her make copies and mail them to you  ;D  I know I know.. it's not a very good idea but hey, it would work and I am just providing any solution that no one else has provided yet  :)

Denial

you could steam it via webcam buy a webcam and click play and let her watch it through webcam simple solution this way you cant mess up starting it at the same time theres 2 ways of doing it point the webcam at the laptop/tv or you could just setup a program to play webcam from a dvd / video file its called fake webcam
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

l)ragon

Quote from: Denial on May 27, 2009, 01:33 PM
you could steam it via webcam buy a webcam and click play and let her watch it through webcam simple solution this way you cant mess up starting it at the same time theres 2 ways of doing it point the webcam at the laptop/tv or you could just setup a program to play webcam from a dvd / video file its called fake webcam
you dont get sound doing that though, can do that with usb tv tuners msn treats it as if it was a web cam.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*