• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

checkrevision (lockdown) in python?

Started by aton, May 09, 2009, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aton

Yegg

Quote from: aton on May 09, 2009, 08:21 AM
anyone done this before?

Why do you ask? It should be very easy to create this in Python on your own from the many source codes of lockdown that are readily available.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Yegg on May 09, 2009, 12:14 PM
anyone done this before?

Why do you ask? It should be very easy to create this in Python on your own from the many source codes of lickdown that are readily available.
Lickdown, huh?  Is that a distant cousin of Leisure Suit Larry?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Yegg

Quote from: MyndFyre on May 09, 2009, 02:21 PM
anyone done this before?

Why do you ask? It should be very easy to create this in Python on your own from the many source codes of lickdown that are readily available.

Lmao. I just fixed it. That had me laughing out loud. :)

Sorc.Polgara

Quote from: Yegg on May 09, 2009, 04:12 PM
anyone done this before?

Looks like someone had something else on their mind at that time...

Yegg

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on May 09, 2009, 06:41 PM
Quote from: Yegg on May 09, 2009, 04:12 PM
anyone done this before?

Looks like someone had something else on their mind at that time...

Heh, I was actually at work typing on my iPhone. When I do that it's sometimes a hassle to re-read what I wrote to check for errors so often I don't look for errors.

aton

i was wondering if someone could save me the work, anything wrong about it?

Yegg

Quote from: aton on May 12, 2009, 12:38 PM

I'm not so sure what you're trying to say.

Explicit

Quote from: Yegg on May 12, 2009, 07:23 PM

Don't be dense. He wants to save himself the extra bit of work in the event that someone else had already ported the solution over.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Yegg

Quote from: Explicit on May 12, 2009, 10:38 PM
Quote from: Yegg on May 12, 2009, 07:23 PM

Don't be dense. He wants to save himself the extra bit of work in the event that someone else had already ported the solution over.

I was trying to convince myself that he wouldn't ask for someone to do just that, so he could copy and paste a few functions into his program without ever knowing how it works.

Explicit

There is nothing wrong with trying to save yourself from doing work that's already been done; that's the premise for the entire open source movement. Besides, if he already has a working client, then it wouldn't make a difference if he's taking the copy-and-paste approach since he's going to have to implement it into his current code anyway.

Yegg

Quote from: Explicit on May 12, 2009, 11:53 PM
There is nothing wrong with trying to save yourself from doing work that's already been done; that's the premise for the entire open source movement. Besides, if he already has a working client, then it wouldn't make a difference if he's taking the copy-and-paste approach since he's going to have implement it into his current code anyway.

The source code he wants does not exist.

Explicit

He's not asking anyone to port it for him; way to sidestep the point. Regardless, I digress.

Yegg

Quote from: Explicit on May 13, 2009, 01:58 AM
He's not asking anyone to port it for him; way to sidestep the point. Regardless, I digress.

"checkrevision in python" ... hmm. This couldn't mean he would like to have checkrevision in Python, could it?
He didn't say he wanted to just have access to the checkrevision while using Python, he wants checkrevision IN Python. Clearly meaning that he wants it coded in Python. Way to not pay attention.

l)ragon

Quote from: Yegg on May 13, 2009, 02:09 AM
Quote from: Explicit on May 13, 2009, 01:58 AM

"checkrevision in python" ... hmm. This couldn't mean he would like to have checkrevision in Python, could it?
He didn't say he wanted to just have access to the checkrevision while using Python, he wants checkrevision IN Python. Clearly meaning that he wants it coded in Python. Way to not pay attention.
He was asking if anyone has done it in Python, so that he could reuse it is what I gather from the thread.

iirc there is one but if it has been publicly released is another story, to stay with the topic if you have the knowledge enough to do TCP/IP why not just go the BNLS/JBLS route.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*