• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Skywing Joining Microsoft

Started by Yegg, April 17, 2009, 04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yegg

Quote from: Hostile on April 20, 2009, 12:30 AM
lol Honestly I don't see them being able to outsmart all the people out there who want Windows for free.
The smartest thing Microsoft can do is just halt Windows Updates for non-legit versions. Which is fair and in theory not unreasonable to do (if youre monitoring a License getting the same update 50 thousand times), without throwing in tons of back end checks (and vulnerabilities) that makes them seems like tyrants, they really have no business putting in secret processes to fix that stuff.
I'm overall happy with what Microsoft has been doing, but when I recently finally upgraded to Vista 64, and found out that they put in backdoors to Windows Defender firewall and "supposedly" gave them to partners (Adobe), so certain installs could send little checks making sure they were legit, they lost my confidence a bit.
Oh well, Zone Alarm is better anyways, even if it doesn't fit in as well.

Half Windows Updates for non-legit versions? What will that do? When I used to use Windows and needed to get it for free, there were activation cracks and cracks for that Windows Genuine check thing (whatever it was called) to make Windows think it was legit, and you would get updates as if you actually paid for Windows.

RiffRiot

Go Skywing!  That article on zdNet was nice!  ;D

I believe MS has improved over the years and will definitely do better with Ken on their side.

iCe

http://free.pages.at/antiwpa11/index2.php

That will be hard to stop as it uses dll injection into windows. Works like a charm