• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Warden for warcraft III

Started by PunK, April 14, 2009, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yegg

Quote from: Hdx on April 15, 2009, 03:30 AM
Pyro tested this out earlier tonight. And yes, there is no warden on mac clients.
But meh. Dunna if its be viable they could jsut do something else.

I'm sure someone will take advantage of this soon enough.

Ozzapoo

Yes...Are there mac hashes anywhere though?

Yegg

Quote from: Ozzapoo on April 15, 2009, 05:21 AM
Yes...Are there mac hashes anywhere though?

You don't have to purchase the game separately for Mac. The hashes are the same.

Ringo

Quote from: Yegg on April 14, 2009, 11:34 PM
I'm assuming that warden being activated on Warcraft III isn't a big change then? Just some minor tweaks to the existing code you already have?
Yeah, where it checks the 1st string in the string table is 0x00 in lengh, needs to be some code to build an array of strings.
Then that array just needs to be pass'ed down to the get result function thingy :p
Later on, when I get time, I will post an updated module for who ever needs it.

PabloWz

Quote from: Ringo on April 15, 2009, 09:24 AM
thousands of people are waiting for this module. I would do your laundry and dishwashing to get you time and get my clan-bot back online :p

RiffRiot

Quote from: PabloWz on April 15, 2009, 11:21 AM
Quote from: Ringo on April 15, 2009, 09:24 AM
thousands of people are waiting for this module. I would do your laundry and dishwashing to get you time and get my clan-bot back online :p

Your clan-bot?  lol  I highly doubt it's even anywhere that many people and if you need it done so badly why don't you learn something like the rest of us who work hard at it, not that i've contributed anything major yet but I plan on it.  Sorry for the rant but that sh*t just annoys me 10-fold.

PabloWz

Quote from: RiffRiot on April 15, 2009, 12:48 PMclan-bot?  lol  I highly doubt it's even anywhere that many people and if you need it done so badly why don't you learn something like the rest of us who work hard at it, not that i've contributed anything major yet but I plan on it.  Sorry for the rant but that sh*t just annoys me 10-fold.
Hi Ryan, thank you for your polite and constructive opinion. Sorry about annoying you, with only weeks of c++ studies I shouldn't have done this. And yes, I was refering to all communities not "my clan"..

WheatThins

i love how battle.net constantly updates their shit to try to stop bots from connecting they should just give up because people will always find a way to go around this

brew

Quote from: neckbeard on April 15, 2009, 02:32 AM
The Mac version of the Warcraft III client (in fact, all mac versions of all blizzard games) does not contain Warden

No, there's a full fledged Warden handler in mac starcraft, probably just not active.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

RiffRiot

Quote from: brew on April 15, 2009, 02:18 PM
Quote from: neckbeard on April 15, 2009, 02:32 AM
The Mac version of the Warcraft III client (in fact, all mac versions of all blizzard games) does not contain Warden

No, there's a full fledged Warden handler in mac starcraft, probably just not active.

With that, I may add (this may be a redundant theory or fact, please correct me) that Mac doesn't use Warden (rather, can't use) because of it not allowing administrative rights for Warden to run.  This is something that a colleague/friend of mine has said to me and thought it might apply to this thread.

So, Brew, it would make sense that the Mac version of Blizzard games do have Warden, they are just not enabled or active due to the lack of administrative rights.

neckbeard

Quote from: nindoja
Quote from: neckbeard
Quote from: nindoja
ALL,  warden does work on Mac OS X, just not in the same way as the windows version.  I've sent a windows and mac packet dump to Varlock, and both clients respond to the warden packet (starts with "ff 5e"), so it's not as simple as just sending mac hashes or authenticating as a mac client.

The good news is that it appears to be the same warden system as they use in starcraft, and quite a few people have broken the SC warden.  I'm watching the progress online in a few different places and will keep posting here as I get more information.

Sorry but can you prove this? To my knowledge this is incorrect. The response to the warden packet is most likely identifying itself as a Mac client, perhaps?

I know it's not just identifying itself as a Mac because the response it sends changes with every challenge.  It may not be the same warden system as in windows, but it does change it's response each time.  Later, if I get some time I'll post a few packets from my capture in "The Void"

From the thread on GHost++ forums.
<http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?topic=4756.0>, by the way.

Yegg

When you say lack of "administrative rights" what do you mean?

RiffRiot

Quote from: Yegg on April 15, 2009, 03:31 PM

After discussing it with my friend from work, applications need administrator rights for certain programs to access other programs memory.

[Wikipedia]
QuoteWorld of Warcraft can be played on both Macintosh and Windows systems, but only the Windows version has Warden. The Macintosh doesn't have Warden due to the way Apple designed their Mac OS X operating system with other applications accessing another application's memory (it requires administrative rights).

Please note this is WoW not SC/BW, Diablo, etc.  It may be different but the Mac OS X administrator rights issue may still apply.

[source]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warden_(software)

nindoja

Checking in here from codelain.com, I've posted the packets I mentioned in the quote.  http://pastebin.com/f79314ae8 is the packets taken over a short time period that show the mac client getting the warden challenge and responding properly.

I know wikipedia says that warden doesn't work on macs (for WoW anyways), but I believe blizzard may have either found a workaround or is using a modified method to generate warden responses.

MyndFyre

Quote from: RiffRiot on April 15, 2009, 04:07 PM
Quote from: Yegg on April 15, 2009, 03:31 PM

After discussing it with my friend from work, applications need administrator rights for certain programs to access other programs memory.
Warden runs in-process and doesn't access other programs' memory.  It is able to read other windows' titles, though, because Windows provides APIs to do so.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

|