• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

C++ 2008 Native Coding Bugs?

Started by iNsaNe, April 12, 2009, 10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNsaNe

So recently I've been making a program that is just for the benefit of my knowledge: how to incorporate unmanaged code with managed code. I've been using C# and C++ 6. When I was finished writing and debugging my code, the program worked perfect.

From there I decided to copy over the code from C++ 6 to C++ 2008 just to see which I liked better. Of course, there were minor errors in the code that I had to make because of the two different compilers but I kept the code exactly the same. When I ran the program again I got a bunch of runtime errors, especially with vectors and protected memory.

Any explanation?

ugh. wrong forum.

MyndFyre

So which pieces of your code should be managed or unmanaged?  You'll need to define a good boundary and interface or set of interfaces between your unmanaged and managed code, or else you'll run into substantial performance problems.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.