• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Making a Chat Bot

Started by DeathHunter, August 19, 2008, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

Quote from: DeathHunter on August 20, 2008, 04:40 AM
Vb6, and ty for telling me that it don't work ne more and yes i know a half decent amount. Also if someone made me a tut for vb6 on how to make a chat bot that conncects to bnet i"ll pay $ :P

You'll want to be very careful because, chances are someone is gonna pull one of these:

Winsock1.Connect "useast.battle.net", 6112

k, connects to battle.net

Mystical

For 10$ basicly that's all you will get Haha, i don't think he knows what's really required into the BNCS

DeathHunter

LoL! I'm not stupid i know you need alot not just a couple lines of code. So if you don't wanna do it for $10 thats fine. No money for you :P

Mystical

You mean no bot for you!!

10$ isn't worth my time.. im not 15 lol.

DeathHunter

Did i say you were? LoL someone will do it sooner or later :P

Hdx

Maybe for like $25 [So I can order pizza while coding, and the extra $5 is for pain and suffering for making me write in VB -.-]
Its not to complicated.
But for that all you're getting is a DRTL connection using JBLS. Which I can whip up in about 45 - hr [I guess i type slow]
But once you get the framework down it's all just fill in the blanks.

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Mystical

Curious, JBLS updated for starcraft? all of tha bots i've tried all get invalid game version except on w2. ;[

Hdx

Yes, its updated for all products unless there was a patch today I didn't know about.

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

DeathHunter

Ok, seeing as no one will do for 10 don't worry ::)

MysT_DooM

This forum, this specific section, is a whole tutorial in itself for battle.net bot development.  You don't need someone to make a tutorial and you pay for it.  All the resources are here.  Learn about or more about socket programming and grab yourself a packet logger and get a log off the client you want emulated.  Reference bnetdocs for things you're unaware of and search these forums for answers to similarly asked questions that you will have.  From there post on specific questions if your question you searched for is still problematic. 
Thats all you have to do. 

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

MyndFyre

Quote from: MysT_DooM on August 26, 2008, 12:56 PM
This forum, this specific section, is a whole tutorial in itself for battle.net bot development.  You don't need someone to make a tutorial and you pay for it.  All the resources are here.  Learn about or more about socket programming and grab yourself a packet logger and get a log off the client you want emulated.  Reference bnetdocs for things you're unaware of and search these forums for answers to similarly asked questions that you will have.  From there post on specific questions if your question you searched for is still problematic. 
Thats all you have to do. 
And for the love of god, use "Search" - it's AWESOME! :)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mystical

Specially for $10, I'll give you a telnet tutorial that's about it.

Scope

uh oh, it's turning into a reverse-auction site. Cheapest price wins.

Ribose

Cheapest would be for free, go look up bnetdocs.org and make your own!
~Ribose

|