• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

26 Digit StarCraft Cdkeys

Started by Maide, June 16, 2008, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hdx

A quick test says they are not. As as they havent out out a installer that supports 26 chr keys yet. I doubt it will be. It'll probably be activated like a day before they release the installer.

Curious, can more then one 26 chr cdkey be generated from the same SC key?
[they dont seem to be linked beyond inital validation]

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

Got unlazy and added support for the keys. D2 works just fine for me.

idiat

Well I get wrong product using both BNLS and local CD key decoding with my bot. I also get wrong product with SphtBot, which is supposed to work. On the off chance that it actually is the wrong product, I also tested with Starcraft, Warcraft II, and Warcraft III. Same results. Did Blizzard give me bad keys?
-idiat. Spell it right. No caps either.
-Mary Naivete, sound advice from a sound woman.

Hdx

Just tested D2 again, the key they gened worked fine for me. [so they enabled it between my last post and this one]
idiat, IM me your key and i'll test it.

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

If the key you use to get a new key is in use by someone else, the new key is in use, too. They're tied together: the public values are the same. I can't find any correlation between private key values, though.

Hdx

They must of just changed it. I pointed it out to Marty yesterday.

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Camel

Quote from: Andy on June 18, 2008, 02:21 PM
Oh, and for reference:

26 digit key for Starcraft Anthology (don't ask, i dunno) Public Value:  0x17
26 digit key for D2DV Public Value: 0x18
26 digit key for D2XP Public Value: 0x19

Do you mean product ID? If not, are the product IDs the same?

[edit] Just tested it; that is indeed the product id. It seems silly to me that the changed it, AFAIK there's no reason they couldn't use the old product id with the 26-character key encoder.

Also, I was able to log in the 26-char and the 11-char SC keys that are supposed to be equivalent at the same time. Tomorrow I'll check if the public/private values are the same.

Barabajagal

Ya, sorry. Dunno why I said public value there. The public values are the same as the ones of the keys you give to get the new ones, but the private values... i dunno. And try getting someone else to log in to your 13 (not 11) char SC key and try getting on your 26 char one.

Camel

Quote from: Andy on June 23, 2008, 05:48 AM
And try getting someone else to log in to your 13 (not 11) char SC key and try getting on your 26 char one.

Works for me; didn't work for a friend. My guess is my friend screwed up somehow.

UserLoser

are they the same as the war3 26 digit ckedetys/

Barabajagal

Exactly the same in every way. The only differentiation is the product values.

idiat

So apparently Taiwanese is no longer available as a language choice for Diablo II. Does anyone have additional information on this?

QuoteGreetings,

You are receiving this e-mail because you recently purchased a copy of either Diablo II, or the expansion Diablo II: The Lord of Destruction. When you claimed the games in your Blizzard account, you were asked to choose a language. In doing so, you selected the option to have the game in Taiwanese. Unfortunately, this option is currently unavailable.

Due to this error we have de-claimed your key. This simply put, means that you will need to "re-claim" your key, choosing a different language. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the Digital Download option from the Blizzard Online Store, please feel free to reply to this email or contact our Billing and Account Services Department by phone.  Billing representatives are on hand to take your call Monday thru Friday between 8am and 8pm Pacific Time, at 1-800-592-5499.

Andrew P.
Billing & Accounts Services
Blizzard Entertainment
-idiat. Spell it right. No caps either.
-Mary Naivete, sound advice from a sound woman.