• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Update record using an HTML form

Started by ChroniX, March 21, 2008, 03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

Because it's text based? If they were going for efficiency, HTML files would be complied like applications.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

warz

Quote from: Dale on May 04, 2008, 12:38 AM
I know it sounds petty, but why take up more room in a file for something that totally is useless to have?

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 03, 2008, 09:14 PM
So it won't validate.  I'm pretty sure that browsers (something that isn't made by the W3C) are still going to run the page correctly.

hopefully neither of you two are web developers.

Barabajagal

Wow... Warz and I agree on something?

Dale

Quote from: betawarz on May 04, 2008, 02:14 AM
Quote from: Dale on May 04, 2008, 12:38 AM
I know it sounds petty, but why take up more room in a file for something that totally is useless to have?

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 03, 2008, 09:14 PM
So it won't validate.  I'm pretty sure that browsers (something that isn't made by the W3C) are still going to run the page correctly.

hopefully neither of you two are web developers.

Haha, cute.

Too bad I am though.

warz

then please, write standards-compliant markup. myndfyre, go read about W3C.

Dale

Quote from: betawarz on May 04, 2008, 12:26 PM
then please, write standards-compliant markup. myndfyre, go read about W3C.

Personally, when I do a professional website for companies, I do write "standard-compliant markup"... I never said I didin't.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: Andy on May 04, 2008, 12:54 AM
Because it's text based? If they were going for efficiency, HTML files would be complied like applications.

yeah, and we don't need comments in our source code, either

Barabajagal

Comments are useless to the application, but let's not get too far off topic, now!

MyndFyre

Quote from: Andy on May 04, 2008, 02:37 PM
Comments are useless to the application, but let's not get too far off topic, now!

You mean, the topic of how to update a database using PHP?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

Ya... Personally I think Echo would be the better use here, as per the description of the differences outlined in this page.

K

Just to get back on topic, I'm surprised no one has mentioned using the mysqli functions instead of the mysql functions.  It lets you do prepared statements with parameter binding instead of worrying about escaping strings, magic quotes, and what not.

http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/686