• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Partition Magic Help

Started by MysT_DooM, February 16, 2008, 12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MysT_DooM

Ok, so I wanted to create another partition but partition magic isnt letting me.  I can't merge, resize, or create what I want to without it saying something that means "you cant do that"
ive tried converting primarys to logical and logicals to primary but that still doesnt work.

Here is the current setup:

What I want is to create another partition, taking away space from that D drive for that new partition.
When I click on Resize Partitions, it is saying "Cannot resize. There are no primary or logical partitions on this drive."

What I think I have to do is get like couple gigs from D drive into that unallocated space, I think. 

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

Newby

You can't resize a partition that is completely full. According to PartitionMagic, it's 100% full.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

MysT_DooM

However it's not full, theres 40 gigs free space left.  Stupid Partition Magic

MyndFyre

LoL, that's possibly the most retarded partitioning scheme I've ever seen.  Why do you have a 7.8mb primary partition and 75-gb extended partition?  Why isn't everything just in C:?

Best bet: get another hard drive, back up your shit, and then worry about it later. :P

LoL....
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Explicit

I was always under the impression that you couldn't create a primary partition after a logical one on the same hdd. Can someone clarify?
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

MysT_DooM

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on February 16, 2008, 01:51 PM
LoL, that's possibly the most retarded partitioning scheme I've ever seen.  Why do you have a 7.8mb primary partition and 75-gb extended partition?  Why isn't everything just in C:?

Best bet: get another hard drive, back up your shit, and then worry about it later. :P

LoL....

Yeah I sorta messed it up while partitioning

Newby

Hm. I was thinking about this. Try defragging your Windows partition. It might fix the problem of 0 GB free.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.