Chat bots? When was this?

oh man, you have much to learn

MrRaza

Quote from: Andy on February 15, 2008, 03:03 PM
Chat bots? When was this?

HAHAHAHa

Maybe when you were 7 or 8..

warz

yeah, it's okay realityripple... you're not the only one that missed out on the times when bnet was actually cool...

Invert

Hostile

Quote from: Invert on February 15, 2008, 06:18 PM
Quote from: betawarz on February 15, 2008, 08:37 AM
here's me owning tgk...

Lolcats is not Lolchats! :)

lol true, I came in hoping for cat pictures only to find lame warz!
- Hostile is sexy.

Barabajagal

I was here when they disabled CHAT... I'm sure you might even be able to find my comment about it on this forum...

Newby

Private server. You're a damned cheater warz. :o
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

warz

yup. its the real tgk, though. everyone but rosethorn was there. this still brings back fond memories of actual bnet servers, though. you could even say it depicts real life events.

Explicit

Quote from: betawarz on February 16, 2008, 12:51 PM
yup. its the real tgk, though. everyone but rosethorn was there. this still brings back fond memories of actual bnet servers, though. you could even say it depicts real life events.

Except that anticipating when the actual servers would split was more enticing. That's what kept me on for days at a time, sad to say. lol.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

warz

yeah those war servers were lame.

Banana fanna fo fanna

i dunno if you guys remember how you could register accounts on europe and hijack the ones on useast when the servers split. that was pretty awesome.

Ringo

Cute pussy chats :)

Quote from: Andy on February 15, 2008, 06:39 PM
I was here when they disabled CHAT... I'm sure you might even be able to find my comment about it on this forum...
That was years after chat got disabled from private channels -- back then, all clients could go almost anywhere.
From what I remember, JSTR used to top channel limits, so when a channel was full, you could still enter from a JSTR client. After they restricted the older clients to a few public channels, there was a bug that confused the server when you tryed putting 35+ JSTR clients in channel StarcraftJ 1 (or somthing), so they made that channel restricted to the JSTR client.
IIRC, the bnet server used to move them to StarcraftJ 2, then 3, then 4, then 5 and just kept going.

Banana fanna fo fanna

how about WAY back in the day when nbbot could use the statstring to sniff IPs?