• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[D2GS] 0x22 Packet??? (S>C)

Started by lokis, February 13, 2008, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Great :)

Quote from: Ringo on February 14, 2008, 05:40 PM
[Kp edit: killed long lines that broke the table layout.  Learn to use line breaks in your hex dumps.]
I thought  code tags automaticly word wraped, at least it does for me on the YaBB SE Theme, thats why i put new lines between hex dumps. What theme are you useing?
I noticed it doesnt in quote tags tho, is there a wordwrap tag or somthing we should know about?

Barabajagal

Hdx

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108

@-moz-document domain("forum.valhallalegends.com") {
  .code{
    width: 100%;
    height: 100px;
    overflow: auto !important;
  }
}

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Kp

Code tags are specifically for preventing reformatting, so that the layout of your code comes through intact.  That does not justify posting ugly code.

It doesn't make sense to require that everyone who views the thread should reconfigure their theme and/or browser to deal with one person breaking the table.  It's better to not break the table in the first place, and fix it when someone does break it.

Hdx: not everyone here uses a browser that accepts that CSS override.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Barabajagal

It doesn't make sense to use a theme that has poorly written CSS.

Ringo

Quote from: Kp on February 16, 2008, 11:02 AM
It doesn't make sense to require that everyone who views the thread should reconfigure their theme and/or browser to deal with one person breaking the table.
I think your the only persion who sees broken tables?
People use differnt screen sizes, so its unavoidable.
I also tryed every single theme and none of them brake the tables with code tags.
I would rather not bother posting at all, if it means i have to fix lines all the time.
Cut the attitude and add word wrap tags if it bothers you that much.  ::)

Kp

I'm the only one who reports broken tables.  I don't use any themes.  It's not unreasonable to ask that people avoid breaking the table in a fullscreen browser on a reasonably modern monitor.  I used to reformat their code, but no one ever learned, so I started deleting the offending lines.  That's less work for me and it encourages people to cut it out so that their posts don't get cut up.

Incidentally, I only consider a table "broken" when I need to scroll sideways to read the post.  I don't bother with fixing code blocks that only squeeze the author column into a narrow band.

IMO, if you're constantly having to fix lines so that you don't break the tables, you're doing something wrong.  I run my editor with word wrapping (and thus don't need to insert newlines at window boundaries) and yet I've never needed to reformat my code to make it not break the layout here.

Barabajagal

If you're viewing this forum in a web browser, you're using a theme.

Explicit

I see broken tables, too. I just didn't feel the need to point it out since I regard it as a minor inconvenience.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Barabajagal

What Theme are you using, Explicit?

Explicit

I'm now using the forum default, Helios_Multi. I had the classic YaBB originally and was wondering why it destroyed the tables, but eh.

It was actually my browser's settings on my end. I just set it back to the default settings and adjusted them to my specifications, and that seemed to have remedied it.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Kp

Andy: if you want to argue the point, I am using the theme that was automatically selected when the forum gained the ability to do multiple themes.  I never chose one explicitly.

Barabajagal

I'm not saying it's your fault that the problem exists in the YaBB theme. I'm saying it's your fault for not fixing the root of your problem. You're trying to correct the symptom, not the disease.

Spht

I think it depends on the browser, not the theme.  I tried out all themes on Firefox 2.0.0.12 and it puts a horizontal scroll bar on the div frame itself, and not the entire page

Barabajagal

Ya, looks like IE is just lame for most things... But I'm not seeing the code tag break tables on IE or FF using any of the themes.

|