• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Remote Bot Linking

Started by Smarter, December 04, 2007, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana fanna fo fanna

Then use a message queue or XMPP like I said.

Smarter

Here's an idea, maybe I could remove the need for remote linking altogether, by having the bot parse BNet Messages (I.E Banned Messages), and have each bot randomize it's ban selection:

public List<string> banQueue = new List<string>();
        Random r = new Random();

public void banNext()
        {
            Ban(banQueue[r.Next(banQueue.Count)]);
        }

public void Ban(string username)
        {
            bot.addQueue("/squelch " + username);
            bot.addQueue("/ban " + username);
            banQueue.Remove(username);
        }

Something along those lines, each bot would take a random name out of the queue to ban, and have it parse the banned messages, and continue to remove the names?
Since '99

BrutalNet.Net

Yegg

You could eliminate the whole problem by just having one application that can handle multiple connections to Battle.net ("multi profile bot"). The one application could have a Global Ban Queue array or whatever you prefer.

Banana fanna fo fanna

i would update the database's ban list, then push a message over xmpp telling everyone that the banlist has been updated, and they would issue a select something like

select * from banlist where username in ('list','of','users','in','channel')

Mystical

Quote from: Yegg on December 05, 2007, 09:24 AM
You could eliminate the whole problem by just having one application that can handle multiple connections to Battle.net ("multi profile bot"). The one application could have a Global Ban Queue array or whatever you prefer.

uh, i'd think hes talkin about having bots on seperate computers working to geather hence the whole botnet type idea.

Yegg

Quote from: MyStiCaL on December 06, 2007, 03:03 AM
Quote from: Yegg on December 05, 2007, 09:24 AM

uh, i'd think hes talkin about having bots on seperate computers working to geather hence the whole botnet type idea.

You're right, I don't know how in the world I missed that either.

PunK

Quote from: Smarter on December 05, 2007, 04:52 AM
Bot1 Detects Load
Bot1 > Server: user1
Bot1 > Server: user2
Bot1 > Server: user3
Bot2 Dectects Same Load
Bot2 > Server: user1
Bot2 > Server: user2
Bot2 > Server: user3
etc. for each bot in the channel, each bot would be sending all these names to the server. The server of course would check for duplicate entrys and discard them, then each bot would at the same instance begin requesting queue:
Bot1 > Server: get(10)
Server > Bot1: user1, user2, user3, etc (to 10)
Bot2 > Server: get(15)
etc.

Why not vice versa? Server > Client: get(10) therefore the server manages what bots to be banned. Unless that's what you mean when you say "Server > Bot1: user1, etc...".

Perhaps instead of spamming the server, have some sort of third-party program that updates the server with a list of bots to be banned instead of all of the operators sending the same user. Just a suggestions =]

leax

why dont u just implment a set of protocol based interface like that of BNET or BNLS, since im sure u are already familiar with BNET style protocol formats, its perfect for exchanging info with ur botnet as well perhaps other bot developers. coz recently i just done a similar thing with my bot, i only got the structure down by basing upon the BNET protocol so that other bot can get info from my bot http://laineth.googlepages.com/lenp.html
Warcarft3 Custom Game Host Bot Development
http://www.codelain.com

UserLoser

wouldn't the existing botnet work for this?

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: UserLoser on December 20, 2007, 01:48 AM

?? don't you know that inventing old ideas is cooler?
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

UserLoser

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on December 20, 2007, 02:29 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on December 20, 2007, 01:48 AM

?? don't you know that inventing old ideas is cooler?

save time/money/troubleshooting why things dont work like they should

Leaky

do you pay your self or other people to let you program things?
i sure dont... therefor im pritty sure that me or anyone else who doesn't pay other people to let them code... is saving money either way...

DeTaiLs

Quote from: Leaky on December 20, 2007, 06:22 PM
do you pay your self or other people to let you program things?
i sure dont... therefor im pritty sure that me or anyone else who doesn't pay other people to let them code... is saving money either way...
I am pretty sure he is talking about when you get out in the working world. Why would a company pay time and resources for something that is already out there and it already works, like he said everything always runs into problems so why would you waste the time on something and try to reinvent the wheel.

Kp

Leaky: that post does not make much sense.  Any given programmer only has a finite amount of time to devote to working on the code.  If you can save hours by reusing an existing and perfectly functional piece of technology, then you can use those hours to work on a new feature or socialize with friends.

In the corporate world, programmer positions are typically exempt.  As such, you get paid the same amount whether it takes you five minutes or two hours to do something.  I would rather spend the five minutes doing it so that I can go home at the end of the day, instead of staying into the night debugging a new version of the wheel.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Dale

Quote from: Kp on December 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
Leaky: that post does not make much sense.  Any given programmer only has a finite amount of time to devote to working on the code.  If you can save hours by reusing an existing and perfectly functional piece of technology, then you can use those hours to work on a new feature or socialize with friends.

In the corporate world, programmer positions are typically exempt.  As such, you get paid the same amount whether it takes you five minutes or two hours to do something.  I would rather spend the five minutes doing it so that I can go home at the end of the day, instead of staying into the night debugging a new version of the wheel.

Very well put.

|