• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

REQUESTED: Old hashes

Started by Don Cullen, November 11, 2007, 08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cullen

If you have any hash, from the oldest to the newest for any Battle.net related Blizzard game, I'd appreciate the donation for BNETDocs.

For StarCraft, I already have:

1.08, 1.09, 1.09b, 1.10, 1.11, 1.11b, 1.12d, 1.13e, 1.13f 1.14, 1.15.1

And yes, even the current hash will be accepted.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Kp

Visit http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/ for a variety of older patches.  It looks like some of the very old Starcraft ones have been pulled.

To get you started, the hashes for Diablo 1 v1.09 are 2119e1c8b818c27a06948979560cdeb4bec9ae65, a8d7f56fd81976e98e7dadf0efae4625f6749b84, and c4033b9301a9a176804b90d2da9c21db727d5949.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Don Cullen

Good one Kp. I have only myself to blame for not being more specific. I was referring to the files used for hashing.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

warz

Quote from: Don Cullen on November 11, 2007, 08:34 PM
Good one Kp. I have only myself to blame for not being more specific. I was referring to the files used for hashing.

god, what a newb

MyndFyre

Quote from: Don Cullen on November 11, 2007, 08:34 PM

Like, md5.exe?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Hdx

The binary files used in Battle.net 'CheckReivion' function inside of there MPQs which are used on Battle.net to verify the integrity and version of the product installed on the end user's machiene.
The files for CheckRevision on bnet.
*sleep*

~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Don Cullen

Quote from: Hdx on November 12, 2007, 03:08 AM
The binary files used in Battle.net 'CheckRevision' function inside of their MPQs which are used on Battle.net to verify the integrity and version of the product installed on the end user's machine. The files for CheckRevision on bnet.
*sleep*

~Hdx

Hdx pretty much got as specific as anyone could have as to what I was referring to. I was gathering the files used in hashing for him and for placement in BNETDocs' archives.

However, further contributions are no longer necessary. Kp has pretty much given me the solution I needed. All that is needed to do is to install the oldest possible copies of each game, go to http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/ , download from the oldest to the newest, apply the patch and save the results to the archives, then move on to the next patch. While I do not have certain games (such as W2BN), that's easily remedied.

Thank you all for your time.
Regards,
Don
-------

UserLoser

Quote from: Hdx on November 12, 2007, 03:08 AM
The binary files used in Battle.net 'CheckReivion' function inside of there MPQs which are used on Battle.net to verify the integrity and version of the product installed on the end user's machiene.
The files for CheckRevision on bnet.
*sleep*

~Hdx

Version check files?  I always never understood why people called them hash files.

Hdx

MM, Len(VersionCheck) > Len(Hash)
Ive head them called checksum, rev, ver, vercheck, hash, and an ungodly ammount of other names.
~Hdx

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Kp

Quote from: Don Cullen on November 12, 2007, 06:53 AM
However, further contributions are no longer necessary. Kp has pretty much given me the solution I needed. All that is needed to do is to install the oldest possible copies of each game, go to http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/ , download from the oldest to the newest, apply the patch and save the results to the archives, then move on to the next patch. While I do not have certain games (such as W2BN), that's easily remedied.

That is not entirely accurate.  There are some versions which were in use on battle.net for a noticeable period of time, but which are not available from the Blizzard ftp server.  For those versions, you will still need to find someone who has that version, or at least the Blizzard patch that creates that version from an earlier one.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Hdx

Speaking of that, I'd also be interested in any patch MPQs you guys have.
~Hdx

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Joe[x86]

Out of curiosity, what could anyone possibly want with old hash files?
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Chriso

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=17165.msg174881#msg174881 date=1195298953]
Documentation, downgrading private servers (for hacking or exploits), and of course theres always comparisons between old files with new to find similarities or patterns.

brew

Quote from: Chriso.de on November 17, 2007, 06:57 AM
Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=17165.msg174881#msg174881 date=1195298953]
downgrading private servers (for hacking or exploits)
IIRC PvPGN doesn't check the validity of version checks.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P