• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Another C# Q

Started by Noodlez, November 07, 2007, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodlez

I have some nodes in a TreeView...I populate them.
After they're all populated I add another node, "Offline." I need to move every item under the other Nodes into my final Offline node. Any suggestions?

MyndFyre

Iterate over them, remove them from their parents, and set their new parents to the offline node?

Really shouldn't be terribly difficult....
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Noodlez

Parent is a read only property

Noodlez

It's ok, I did the iteration Remove and Insert loop.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Noodlez on November 07, 2007, 03:00 PM
Parent is a read only property
Assuming:
Root
- Buddies
--MyndFyre
--Noodlez
-Co-workers
--Justin
--Ryan
--Jeff
--Steve

int currentIndex = 0;
TreeNode offlineNode = whatever; // you need to have a reference to the offline node for the following code to work
// this code also assumes that you have one root node.  You'll have to adapt it for multiple.
while (currentIndex < rootNode.ChildNodes.Count)
{
 TreeNode currentNode = rootNode.ChildNodes[currentIndex];
 if (currentNode != offlineNode)
 {
   rootNode.ChildNodes.Remove(currentNode);
   offlineNode.ChildNodes.Add(currentNode);
 }
 else
 {
   currentIndex++;
 }
}

You can't use a foreach because you're going to change the collection you're iterating over while you're looping, so you have to use a for, while, or do-while.  A for loop is inappropriate because you don't necessarily want to increment each time.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.