• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Console tab stops?

Started by brew, October 23, 2007, 06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

Quote from: devcode on October 24, 2007, 09:06 PMQuestion was fine and worded properly, else he would have asked "How would i get a handle to another process". You made a mistake and you're justifying it by partly blaming for their wording so, no doesnt work like that unfortunately. Nice try though, better luck next time

Uh, nope. Read brew's question, and then hopefully you'll understand iago's thoughts. You don't get a handle to the thread  of another process. The original question just doesn't make sense. You almost had him, though.

Warrior

Quote from: devcode on October 24, 2007, 09:06 PM
Quote from: iago on October 24, 2007, 08:42 PM
Quote from: brew on October 24, 2007, 10:51 AM
Quote from: iago on October 24, 2007, 10:34 AM
The functions you need are something like:
FindWindow() to get a handle to the window
GetWindowThreadProcessId() to get the process id (I am doing the names from memory, so I could be wrong on that)
OpenProcess() to get a handle to the process

Somebody can correct me if I'm mistaken.
IIRC, OpenProcess returns a handle to the process, not the thread. Perhaps you were thinking of OpenThread? (that requires a thread ID, and GetThreadID requires a thread handle, what i wanted in the first place) I've found a good way to do this-- calling CreateToolhelp32Snapshot with flags TH32CS_THREAD (I thought at first i was going to have to use a kernel mode api for this one) then call OpenThread. Thanks anyways.
Ah, the original question was worded funny, "Hey, how would i get a handle to the thread of another process?"

I assumed you wanted to get a handle to the process. What I think you wanted to ask was how to get a handle to a thread in another process.

Question was fine and worded properly, else he would have asked "How would i get a handle to another process". You made a mistake and you're justifying it by partly blaming for their wording so, no doesnt work like that unfortunately. Nice try though, better luck next time

lolol. no
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

devcode

Quote from: Warrior on October 25, 2007, 05:28 AM
Quote from: devcode on October 24, 2007, 09:06 PM
Quote from: iago on October 24, 2007, 08:42 PM
Quote from: brew on October 24, 2007, 10:51 AM
Quote from: iago on October 24, 2007, 10:34 AM
The functions you need are something like:
FindWindow() to get a handle to the window
GetWindowThreadProcessId() to get the process id (I am doing the names from memory, so I could be wrong on that)
OpenProcess() to get a handle to the process

Somebody can correct me if I'm mistaken.
IIRC, OpenProcess returns a handle to the process, not the thread. Perhaps you were thinking of OpenThread? (that requires a thread ID, and GetThreadID requires a thread handle, what i wanted in the first place) I've found a good way to do this-- calling CreateToolhelp32Snapshot with flags TH32CS_THREAD (I thought at first i was going to have to use a kernel mode api for this one) then call OpenThread. Thanks anyways.
Ah, the original question was worded funny, "Hey, how would i get a handle to the thread of another process?"

I assumed you wanted to get a handle to the process. What I think you wanted to ask was how to get a handle to a thread in another process.

Question was fine and worded properly, else he would have asked "How would i get a handle to another process". You made a mistake and you're justifying it by partly blaming for their wording so, no doesnt work like that unfortunately. Nice try though, better luck next time

lolol. no

lolol. hi

Quote from: betawarz on October 25, 2007, 12:00 AM
Quote from: devcode on October 24, 2007, 09:06 PMQuestion was fine and worded properly, else he would have asked "How would i get a handle to another process". You made a mistake and you're justifying it by partly blaming for their wording so, no doesnt work like that unfortunately. Nice try though, better luck next time

Uh, nope. Read brew's question, and then hopefully you'll understand iago's thoughts. You don't get a handle to the thread  of another process. The original question just doesn't make sense. You almost had him, though.

I know you like iago and all but you can hop off cause he's still not going to give you Windows.Vista.Source.Code-2007-iago. Next.

warz

Quote from: devcode on October 25, 2007, 08:27 AMI know you like iago and all but you can hop off cause he's still not going to give you Windows.Vista.Source.Code-2007-iago. Next.

I C WHAT U DID THAR

devcode

Quote from: betawarz on October 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
Quote from: devcode on October 25, 2007, 08:27 AMI know you like iago and all but you can hop off cause he's still not going to give you Windows.Vista.Source.Code-2007-iago. Next.

I C WHAT U DID THAR

OMG I JUST C WHAT I DID THAR

brew

Quote from: betawarz on October 25, 2007, 12:00 AM
[Uh, nope. Read brew's question, and then hopefully you'll understand iago's thoughts. You don't get a handle to the thread  of another process. The original question just doesn't make sense. You almost had him, though.

warz is right. I did word it wrong, I ment to say the threads' IDs of another process.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

|