• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I'm back :O

Started by option, September 20, 2007, 11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

option

Even though I am relatively nothing here at vL, I would just like to let people know that I am back to learn more about BNET programming, programming in-general, and etc.

I've been busy with school, which started September 5th, but I'm learning C++ now (in school) so hopefully I can start porting all my work from Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, and overall create a better application. I've heard enough bad things about programming in VB and I am definitely looking forward to the start of creating Battle.net applications in C++. It's been challenging but since I've got some of the basics down (Base 2 math, hex, all of that 'was once' confusing stuff) things are finally starting to progress.

This thread is mainly directed to the people who have been reading my blog (in my signature) and helping me out along the way, which I really appreciate. Thanks for the feedback.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone else who was helping me before I took a month or two off.

Looking forward to learning some new stuff!

-Option
option's BNET Development Blog
Current project: Fully-modular 100% C++ SCBW ChatBot
Current Task: Write the Packet Debuffer
New to BNET development like myself? Read and learn.
http://bnetdev.tech-vault.net/

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MysT_DooM

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

warz

Don't listen to these vl forum junky scrubs.

option

option's BNET Development Blog
Current project: Fully-modular 100% C++ SCBW ChatBot
Current Task: Write the Packet Debuffer
New to BNET development like myself? Read and learn.
http://bnetdev.tech-vault.net/

UserLoser

C++ is far superior to any language out there.  If C++ wasn't EVER around these guys probably wouldn't be where they are today posting crap like that because the web browser they used was probably written in C++.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but Linux/parts of Windows were written in C++.  Since those were made to work with millions of different people, why wouldn't they use something that was better?  Oh let me guess, Bill Gates is an idiot, but hey, he's making billions you're making less than .00001% of what he makes in a year.

Oh and,
Quote from: betawarz on September 20, 2007, 07:51 PM

Barabajagal

I thought Linux was written in C.

Invert

Linux was written with a pen on a napkin.

Haha, ok well I'm done amusing myself now. Sorry.

Banana fanna fo fanna

C++ sucks for a lot of applications. I'd go as far as to say most applications...except for systems programming and high-performance application development. Most people use either vanilla C or C++ in these arenas.

I can't fathom why you would want to write a battle.net bot in C++...

Newby

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on September 23, 2007, 11:10 AM
I can't fathom why you would want to write a battle.net bot in C++...

Improve your understanding of the language?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

disco

Quote from: Invert on September 20, 2007, 11:38 PM
Linux was written with a pen on a napkin.

Haha, ok well I'm done amusing myself now. Sorry.

Ahahaha.  Good stuff.
Say it with me:

Yoni

Quote from: UserLoser on September 20, 2007, 10:13 PM
C++ is far superior to any language out there.  If C++ wasn't EVER around these guys probably wouldn't be where they are today posting crap like that because the web browser they used was probably written in C++.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but Linux/parts of Windows were written in C++.  Since those were made to work with millions of different people, why wouldn't they use something that was better?  Oh let me guess, Bill Gates is an idiot, but hey, he's making billions you're making less than .00001% of what he makes in a year.

Oh and,
Quote from: betawarz on September 20, 2007, 07:51 PM

Actually, I think C++ is pretty bad.

Camel

Object oriented languages, from a development perspective, are far superior to non-object oriented languages.

Everyone goes through a phase when they are learning OOD where they think it is lame and inferior. There's a saying in the Java community: There are two types of Java developers - those who know Java, and those who understand Java. C# is a great compromise between the ideals Java tries to realize, and the practicality of a programming language.

Banana fanna fo fanna

everyone here is missing the point except yoni

Barabajagal

No, it's easy to see your point... You're pretty much saying C++ for bnet bots is overkill, right?