• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Guide to install Windows Vista in 2 minutes!

Started by l2k-Shadow, August 31, 2007, 01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Quote from: Andy on September 12, 2007, 04:23 AM
Mac = Art
PC = Game
Lin = Network

All = Work

That's how it goes. Stop bickering.
I do all of the above on Linux. :-o
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Barabajagal

I'm just saying what their primary functions are. Nowadays, any mainstream OS can do any of those [to an extent], but that's not quite the point. Also, what do you use to run win games on linux? I tried using VMWare, but DirectX lagged so horribly, I couldn't play.

Invert

This is where people get confused a lot of times.

Mac and PC is not an OS. Mac does not automatically mean OSX and PC does not automatically mean Windows. My point is that Mac's are overpriced and PC's can do everything a Mac can. Am I wrong?

Falcon[anti-yL]

The only good thing I like about Apple is their innovative product design. But yea PCs can do everything a Mac can.

rabbit

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on September 12, 2007, 02:31 PM
The only good thing I like about Apple is their innovative product design. But yea PCs can do everything a Mac can.
Innovative?  Don't you mean horrible?  End users can't upgrade a Mac without some serious tools and know-how or a big wallet.  PCs are easily upgradeable even for people who aren't very smart (brew, theghosty, etc...).  PCs can do everything a Mac can, and then some.  Ever try putting a new CPU in a Mac?  Not gonna happen.  How about a PC? 15 minutes.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Invert

This thread is no longer funny...wait, was it funny from the start?

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: rabbit on September 12, 2007, 05:05 PM
Innovative?  Don't you mean horrible?  End users can't upgrade a Mac without some serious tools and know-how or a big wallet.  PCs are easily upgradeable even for people who aren't very smart (brew, theghosty, etc...).  PCs can do everything a Mac can, and then some.  Ever try putting a new CPU in a Mac?  Not gonna happen.  How about a PC? 15 minutes.
Now that Macs run on Intel chips they're the ones that can do everything Windows can, and then some, not the other way around. And I doub't the ipod or the iphone would be so popular these days if they were horribly designed.

rabbit

The iPod is great, it's not meant to be upgraded every year or so, like a computer is.  The iPhone is a POS.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Barabajagal

iPods still have more glitches than most MP3 players. Ask anyone who's owned an iPod for a year, and they'll tell you it's frozen once. I've had a cheap MP3 player by Samsung (YP-F1) for quite a while, and the only problem I have with it is it doesn't play very loudly.

rabbit

Really?  I've had two iPods, and both were great.

Barabajagal

My sister's iPod Nano was fine for half a year. Now it's been freezing a lot.

l2k-Shadow

i have an iRiver T10 which has fm radio, mic, runs on 1 AA battery (which i love cause i don't have to carry some shitty charger around and if my battery dies while on a plane, hey i can just put it another one), customizable equalizer with presets, plays .mp3, .wma, and .ogg and runs as a USB drive so i can store like documents for school and stuff like that on it without having to have any program such as iTunes on the computer.

i don't understand why people like ipods when there are competing products which are cheaper and way better.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Barabajagal

Sounds exactly like my YP-F1, except it doesn't use a standard battery, it charges through the USB cord.

Hell-Lord

I have exactly what l2k-Shadow has, i prefer it over an iPod. Especially after seeing my mates freeze and he had to wait until the battery wasted to fix it. Has that happened to anyone?

Invert

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on September 12, 2007, 09:42 PM
Now that Macs run on Intel chips they're the ones that can do everything Windows can, and then some, not the other way around. And I doub't the ipod or the iphone would be so popular these days if they were horribly designed.

What do you mean by "and then some?" What is that "and then some?" What can a Mac do that a PC can't?

|