• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Warden anti-hack is back..

Started by brew, August 29, 2007, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

rabbit

Either that or you're retarded.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

brew

Quote from: Newby on September 02, 2007, 12:00 AM
Quote from: brew on September 01, 2007, 09:00 AM
You're sure about that?

Honestly. If you have nothing nice to post, don't post it at all. That comment really didn't help us.

Yes. You hung out in #beta long enough that I can say that confidently.
You don't know me.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on September 02, 2007, 10:31 AM
You're sure about that?

Honestly. If you have nothing nice to post, don't post it at all. That comment really didn't help us.

You don't know me.

Then go program something that makes you look older than 3. You've yet to do that.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Dale

In all honesty, I think everyone in this thread whos bashed or harassed brew is quite immature, and you really need to grow up.

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Dale

Camel

Quote from: moh.vze.com on September 02, 2007, 01:51 AM
This Warden crap is a conspiracy.
I think B.net hired some [vL] people to put an end to bots and such. As a result, the [vL] guy suggested bnet to use this so call "Warden" to put an end to all of us.

;D

That wouldn't do much good. The overall effect of binary bots is good, not evil. Blizzard even used to allow chat bots to moderate channels, before people started abusing it. As long as there's a cd key they can ban, I don't see why they would make any concious effort to universally block BNCS bots. They don't even block the deprecated OLS for games that no longer use it, so long as your cd key checks out.

Barabajagal

Except that their stance on bots of any type is that the only one allowed is the Support Bot.... Plus it breaks their EULA to connect with a third-party client.

Camel

It's also not legal to reverse the OSCAR protocol for connecting to AIM/ICQ. How many lawsuits have been brought against Trillian, Gaim, or any of the hundreds of other free and proprietary software packages for connecting using the OSCAR protocol?

The purpose of the license is to give the company some legal footing in the event that they need to bring an end to inappropriate behaviour of the end-user. It has to be loosely worded so that the company can't be backed in to a corner. It would be absurd of Blizzard, from a legal standpoint, to say that it is kosher to go masquerading as one of their games. That doesn't mean they're actively opposed to the idea.

Barabajagal

As far as flood bots, they damn well should be actively opposed -.- . However, they're still opposed (if only passive) to third-party clients, as was made clear by discontinuing the CHAT telnet protocol.

Camel

They disabled CHAT because they couldn't control it. They can control cd keys.

brew

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=16998.msg172237#msg172237 date=1188758823]
Quote from: brew on September 02, 2007, 10:31 AM
You're sure about that?

You don't know me.

Then go program something that makes you look older than 3. You've yet to do that.
What exactly have I made that makes me look like i'm 3? What have YOU made, besides some half-assed OS?
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Barabajagal

They controlled chat. It was allowed in like... Public Chat channels... and that's it.

Denial

Well i mean its still simple to flood using public channels. By whispers and such. Also the amount of starcraft cdkeys to the public is probably one of the reason they put warden online because the amount of bots which were online for starcraft. There are other ways such as using starcraft japan exploit in joining some channels that normally wouldn't be allowed otherwise.

But the simple fact remains as long as people have time floodbots will try to exist. You are better off coming up with a better way to totally remove floodbots from your bots so people using them dont even notice them.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Newby

Quote from: brew on September 03, 2007, 12:26 AM
What have YOU made, besides some half-assed OS?

Half-assed? That would imply it might be worth running.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

|