• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

Mythos

Started by Invert, August 08, 2007, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

I got into the beta.  ;D

It's Diablo all over again but with much more, sign up for the beta, you might get picked.

http://www.mythos.com/

Barabajagal

Oog... it looks so cartooney. Doesn't pique my interest in the least. Diablo's supposed to be realistic looking.

Invert

Quote from: Andy on August 08, 2007, 02:48 PM
Oog... it looks so cartooney. Doesn't pique my interest in the least. Diablo's supposed to be realistic looking.

You are right; it looks cartoony on the website screenshot. I thought so too before I started playing. It's more like Diablo.
Also, those screenshots are old; the interface is not even the same.

Unfortunately I can't post screenshots so don't ask.

Barabajagal

Well, I'll take another look once more recent screenshots are released then.

warz

it looks like Warcraft 3 meets Diablo 2

Invert

I have 4 invites for the beta. PM me if you would like an invite.

Hostile

Looks like fun, wish I had time to play though. eh what kind of game is it? how many classes and all that kinda stuff
- Hostile is sexy.

Invert

I received a lot more PM's than I had invites to give away. I chose 4 people. Those chosen, please feel special. Those not chosen, I'm sorry. When I get more invites I will pass more out.

Theghosty

I have a lvl 53 bloodletter.. It is nothing like diablo.. It is like
runescape and guildwars combined.. The quests are boring.. Not enough
act bosses... You have to buy epic maps for better exp.. and the characters
are very unbalanced still.. Yes it is beta... PvP is not implemented yet.

Invert

Quote from: Theghosty on September 10, 2007, 08:14 PM
I have a lvl 53 bloodletter.. It is nothing like diablo.. It is like
runescape and guildwars combined.. The quests are boring.. Not enough
act bosses... You have to buy epic maps for better exp.. and the characters
are very unbalanced still.. Yes it is beta... PvP is not implemented yet.

It's everything like Diablo. The view perspective, quests, click to slash, potions, skill trees, random generated levels, towns, chests, special monsters. I will agree that the quests are boring because it's been done before in Diablo, "Go there and kill that special monster." I also don't like the map buying, and almost all of the levels looking alike.

With all these flaws you point out I am really impressed that you are a lvl 53, and not in a good way.

Theghosty

You should be impressed.. I devoted alot of time to testing. Looking for exploits , flaws , bugs and general theings that involve "beta testing"... I was just pointing out to people the things they will notice if they have not
"beta tested" the game.

1. You are incorrect.. The view perspective is nothing like diablo.. Define  "like" to me...
2. Click to stash and the use of potions is common in "most" rpg's.
3. Skill tree.. You have a valid point.. 3 sets of skill's variations .. and the use of , strength , dexterity , mana , and life are also used. AS they are in diablo.
4. Almost all the levels do not look alike.. Perhaps You are playing the game and not "testing".. There are simalaritys and common grounds, yet as you get to higher "epic map levels" .. There is a signifacant change in the texture and mapping..

Yes the game has a simalar feal to diablo , guildwars , and runescape... But it is a different game indeed.
I think that the 67' camaro and the 67 firebird look the same to.. But looking closer and further into both cars..
They have ther own very unique styles and feal. Perdon me , But please Use a little more insight and elaborate further when trashing a reply. All I see are points that were mentioned before hand.. Have a take.. Dont suck...
ERERErrerREREerereeeeeeee...

Invert

Blah, blah, blah... I'm not here to argue with you; you can argue with yourself.

Before my post: "It is nothing like diablo"
After my post:  "Yes the game has a simalar feal to diablo" <- I'm sure you mean "similar" and "feel" but let's not go there...

Since you and I both agree that you are wrong, incorrect, mistaken, erroneous, off beam, and wide of the mark, you can stop replying to this thread to save yourself any more embarrassment.

I salute you for contributing so much to Mythos. Everyone here cares.  :D

l)ragon

They need to push a win2k package lol.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Theghosty

Quote from: Invert on September 12, 2007, 03:11 AM
Blah, blah, blah... I'm not here to argue with you; you can argue with yourself.

Before my post: "It is nothing like diablo"
After my post:  "Yes the game has a simalar feal to diablo" <- I'm sure you mean "similar" and "feel" but let's not go there...

Since you and I both agree that you are wrong, incorrect, mistaken, erroneous, off beam, and wide of the mark, you can stop replying to this thread to save yourself any more embarrassment.

I salute you for contributing so much to Mythos. Everyone here cares.  :D

Ok.. I am not a good speller.. like and saying it has a "similar" "feel" are not clashing statements..
I know your a mod and all.. But.. ummm.... MY penis is still bigger than yours... ;)
And You should sharpen up the flame skills.. they are very weak and so over used.. I mean.. what person has not gone to the you caint spell card?... T.T...

Invert

Quote from: Theghosty on September 12, 2007, 09:36 PM
Ok.. I am not a good speller.. like and saying it has a "similar" "feel" are not clashing statements..
I know your a mod and all.. But.. ummm.... MY penis is still bigger than yours... ;)
And You should sharpen up the flame skills.. they are very weak and so over used.. I mean.. what person has not gone to the you caint spell card?... T.T...

Your mental acumen is well below par; this is not a flame but an observation. The words "like" and "similar" are synonyms (check a thesaurus). When you compare two things and state that they are "nothing like" one another but later state that they are "similar" you are contradicting yourself.

I will assume that in your case people have attacked your spelling ability quite frequently. Seeing as you can't even spell the word "can't" correctly.

How much more humiliation can you force upon yourself?