• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[Diablo II][GS] How to respond Warden packets?

Started by KrzaQ, August 07, 2007, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insolence

Quote from: UserLoser on August 08, 2007, 04:50 PM
Quote from: Insolence on August 08, 2007, 12:53 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on August 07, 2007, 10:10 AM
Quote from: Hdx on August 07, 2007, 09:44 AM
There is currently no known way to re-implement warden.

Yes there is
Err, no, there isn't.  The best you can do is come up with some static responses.

Since Warden can be updated at any time, I don't think you can fake responses.  At least not for very long, the best you can do is static responses and immediately close if you don't know how to respond.

Considering I know someone who has done it and have explained it to me how it works, I think I'll go with what I say, thanks.

Who are you?
It doesn't matter who I am.

If you're going to argue, you actually need to give me something to argue with (don't just say you're right because your friend says so).

rabbit

Actually, all UL really has to do is ask who you are, since he's pretty much done everything.  Twice.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

LordNevar

If UL says he's done it, than I wouldn't argue with him about it. I would just agree and move onto something else. Odds are he has done it or knows how it's done, so argueing with him about it is rather pointless.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

raylu

Quote from: UserLoser on August 08, 2007, 06:02 PMI've never been one to release stuff to the public for about the past six years that I've been around.  My view on things is: why work hard on something but just give away to others for nothing when nobody ever gives credit or appreciates it :)
So we are all guilty of not giving credit or appreciating it?
Pie?

UserLoser

I don't think this person wants me to reveal who he is, probably due to the fact that he doesn't want a bunch of people pestering him about this.

If they tell me it's ok, I'll post who it is.  They are a member of this forum, but do not post very much recently.

Like I said, I do not have code for it but I have the basic idea behind it all...and to make it clear you do not need the game running for this.

warz

although i'm sure i know who you're talking about, basic ideas only get you so far

brew

Jeez, UL, you know, KrazyQ is actually kind of right. Why even say anything about it if you're not going to contribute... ::)
Sure, maybe people don't give enough credit, but honestly. Look at lockdown checkrevision, everyone knows who solved it. So why would anyone even need to give credit? It goes without saying who solved this-or-that or whatever, since people make a big enough stink about it. I take it you're not much of a supporter of free software.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

rabbit

Quote from: UserLoser on August 11, 2007, 12:59 AM
I don't think this person wants me to reveal who he is, probably due to the fact that he doesn't want a bunch of people pestering him about this.

If they tell me it's ok, I'll post who it is.  They are a member of this forum, but do not post very much recently.

Like I said, I do not have code for it but I have the basic idea behind it all...and to make it clear you do not need the game running for this.
It's clearly Thing.

Or Skywing.

Or Topaz.

No wait, it's Bacca!
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

UserLoser

No, it's none of them and I dont think you would guess it.  I don't support open sourced, why spend hours working on something to just give away to hungry newbs begging for code.  We all seen it here in this community.  It was bad enough when CupHead released CleanSlateBot, nobody could even figure that out and they still wanted help.

Brew, it's clear your for open source stuff for obvious reasons.

brew

Quote from: UserLoser on August 11, 2007, 06:10 PM
Brew, it's clear your for open source stuff for obvious reasons.
What are my obvious reasons, then? I, myself, have absolutely no interest in diablo 2's warden system. But I ask you make it open source anyways. Why is this? Because I, and many others, believe information should be free. That's the basis of open source/free software, not just me. Actually, many more people support open source then you think. We're the majority. If you want to hold back your information, your seekret pattern of ones and zeros, go ahead, people will just think of you as that kind of person. But that's O.K., why should you care? am i right?
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Insolence

Quote from: UserLoser on August 11, 2007, 06:10 PMNo, it's none of them and I dont think you would guess it.  I don't support open sourced, why spend hours working on something to just give away to hungry newbs begging for code.  We all seen it here in this community.  It was bad enough when CupHead released CleanSlateBot, nobody could even figure that out and they still wanted help.
You can't say "Oh yeah, I can emulate Warden."  Then turn around and say "No, just believe me--I can't tell you how I did it, I just did."

You can't emulate Warden.  However, you can give static responses to specific queries, but you cannot emulate it.  It needs to be constantly updated.  As far as I know, anyway.

Hdx

It's possible to emulate it. I poked it with a stick today. It bit me a few times. But it dosen't seem to difficult. I got some ideas to test before I can say anything conclusive. But that'll come next time I get bored of twixing my nether ;)
I find it funny that the guy who shoots to the top of my list isnt even on yours FoFo...
Meh.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Yegg

brew, since you're so into the open source movement, I assume that you also use Linux. Is that right?

warz

this thread sums up years of horrible battle net community drama, all in one. sometimes you think you know how a certain type of individual would act in certain situations - most of the time you're right, if you've been there yourself. so, when people begin to break these trends, and molds, you begin to wonder things.

UserLoser

;D

|