• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[Diablo II][GS] How to respond Warden packets?

Started by KrzaQ, August 07, 2007, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrzaQ

Hello, this is my first post here, I think I really need help, and this is best place to post that :)

In order not to get kicked from game I have to (properly?) respond to warden packets (and pings, of course). This is part where I need help: I can respond ping packets, thats easy, the worst part is warden. I searched a bit, and found no useful information. D2GS Packet Research doesn't even mention 0xAE S -> C packet, and in several topics I read people say that there is no known solution to warden (but, on the other hand, most of these posts were dated march-june 2006)

I tried to receive fake warden packet with redvex to check if each packet gives unique response (so I could make question-answer database), but I was unable to do so (message box limitations).

I hope some of you would know answer to my question :)

Hdx

There is currently no known way to re-implement warden. So for now, best you can do is have D2 connected to your server and manipulate it to send the warden packets you need.(It's connected to you, when you get a request, send it to d2, and then send the server what d2 sends you)
There are other ways t do this, but each still requires you to run a copy of D2.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

UserLoser

Quote from: Hdx on August 07, 2007, 09:44 AM
There is currently no known way to re-implement warden.

Yes there is

There are other ways t do this, but each still requires you to run a copy of D2.

This is not true

KrzaQ

Thank you Hdx, its not what I really wanted, but its a solution at least. Is it needed to run a copy of d2 for each connection or one can supply information for all?

Quote from: UserLoser on August 07, 2007, 10:10 AM

Yes there is

This is not true

Tell us more, I'm afraid telling me that there is known way around warden didn't help me.

UserLoser

Quote from: KrzaQ on August 07, 2007, 10:37 AM
Thank you Hdx, its not what I really wanted, but its a solution at least. Is it needed to run a copy of d2 for each connection or one can supply information for all?

Yes there is

This is not true

Tell us more, I'm afraid telling me that there is known way around warden didn't help me.

You'd have to emulate it running it, store a database full of things to respond with for various requests.  Is not as easy as it sounds :)

KrzaQ

If an answer "A" is always proper for warden question "B" making a database seems to be pretty good idea. But... Is it?

Hdx

Quote from: Hdx on August 07, 2007, 09:44 AMThere is currently no known way to re-implement warden.
Yes there is
Explain, I know how to run the modules, but not how to get them to return proper results yet. And I speak in terms of public domain information.
Quote from: Hdx on August 07, 2007, 09:44 AMThere are other ways t do this, but each still requires you to run a copy of D2.
This is not true
Theres 2^32-1*2^128-1 possible requests/response pairs. The database would be huge. And I never said 1 copy of d2 per connection to d2gs, you can have unlimited connections to d2gs with 1 d2. If you're smart about it.
~Hdx

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

UserLoser

Quote from: Hdx on August 07, 2007, 12:14 PM
Quote from: Hdx on August 07, 2007, 09:44 AMThere is currently no known way to re-implement warden.
Yes there is
Explain, I know how to run the modules, but not how to get them to return proper results yet. And I speak in terms of public domain information.
Quote from: Hdx on August 07, 2007, 09:44 AMThere are other ways t do this, but each still requires you to run a copy of D2.
This is not true
Theres 2^32-1*2^128-1 possible requests/response pairs. The database would be huge. And I never said 1 copy of d2 per connection to d2gs, you can have unlimited connections to d2gs with 1 d2. If you're smart about it.
~Hdx

I have not seen any public information on how to run the Warden modules, what information do you have?

Hdx

Meh, I thought others did this as well. When whoever it was said it was raw code that was injected into memory. I wrote a blank PE file and just shoved the module into it. IDA liked it. and I was able to run it. It jsut went boom, I think the error was memory access violation. This was months, deleted it and haven't bothered to look at it sense.
Meh.
~Hdx

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Insolence

Yes there is
Err, no, there isn't.  The best you can do is come up with some static responses.

Since Warden can be updated at any time, I don't think you can fake responses.  At least not for very long, the best you can do is static responses and immediately close if you don't know how to respond.

KrzaQ

Quote from: Insolence on August 08, 2007, 12:53 AM

Yes there is
Err, no, there isn't.  The best you can do is come up with some static responses.

Since Warden can be updated at any time, I don't think you can fake responses.  At least not for very long, the best you can do is static responses and immediately close if you don't know how to respond.

According to what Hdx wrote, there are almost 2^160 variants of "questions", resposne database would be really huge (unless, BN uses, say, only 200 "questions")

I'm not very skilled nor experienced programmer and I would like to get some help how to make diablo make responses for my bots... Should I try to make my own GS, which, with running Diablo II, would be acting as "warden response server", or shall I try to inject directly to diablo and receive fake packets, or something I have not mentioned here?

UserLoser

Quote from: Insolence on August 08, 2007, 12:53 AM

Yes there is

Considering I know someone who has done it and have explained it to me how it works, I think I'll go with what I say, thanks.

Who are you?

KrzaQ

I don't want to be rude, but if you are not going to share your information with us, whats the point of posting here?

Bt the way, how long can I stay ingame ignoring warden?

MyndFyre

Quote from: KrzaQ on August 08, 2007, 05:18 PM
I don't want to be rude, but if you are not going to share your information with us, whats the point of posting here?

My tests with WoW have indicated 3 minutes.  Independent information about D2 is 45 seconds.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser

Quote from: KrzaQ on August 08, 2007, 05:18 PM

I've never been one to release stuff to the public for about the past six years that I've been around.  My view on things is: why work hard on something but just give away to others for nothing when nobody ever gives credit or appreciates it :)

I love to share, just when it comes to this particular subject it doesn't work that way.

I don't have code for this, I was just told information about how it works and things it does/can do by someone else.