Started by brew, July 18, 2007, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brew

Quote from: Yegg on July 19, 2007, 08:32 PM
Quote from: brew on July 19, 2007, 04:01 PM

"hyyyy im yegg i wonder what VERSION of visual C++ you're using"

Which software are you using?

Yes. VC++ 6.

What does that even mean? What version am I using? I don't use VC++. I mentioned that I haven't used it in ages. Earlier when I didn't specify it was because I didn't have to. I don't use any VC++ and both of them have that same feature. Therefore, my statement was completely correct. You couldn't figure out how to add the file so I asked which version you used, apparently you didn't know they had a version judging by your response... It's a few extremely simple steps that you considered "not so simple".

I ment to say that you asked what "software" i am using, well uh, that'd be MSVC++. What you should have said is what version I am using... you flipped out about something simple like that. Wow you get raged way too quick. By the way, adding WS2_32.lib didn't help at all.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Yegg

Quote from: brew on July 19, 2007, 09:08 PM

I ment to say that you asked what "software" i am using, well uh, that'd be MSVC++. What you should have said is what version I am using... you flipped out about something simple like that. Wow you get raged way too quick. By the way, adding WS2_32.lib didn't help at all.

No. I'm not "raged". I'm annoyed that you can't seem to figure out something so simple (ie. me asking which software you were using). When someone asks you which software you were using, specify the exact version (there are differences between versions). VC++ 6 and 7 and 8 are all different. Adding WS2_32.lib does help. You clearly did something else incorrect as well.

warz

one thing i have failed to see in this entire thread is some code. how are we supposed to help without code snippets? it sounds like you're including everything required, so it's a code issue. also, if you feel like it's "just you" experiencing an issue, that's probably a sign that it isn't C++'s fault, or whoever you blamed in your first post - it's probably you doing something wrong. (which we all probably assume when reading a post by you, anyways)

brew

Quote from: betawarz on July 20, 2007, 12:44 AM
one thing i have failed to see in this entire thread is some code. how are we supposed to help without code snippets? it sounds like you're including everything required, so it's a code issue. also, if you feel like it's "just you" experiencing an issue, that's probably a sign that it isn't C++'s fault, or whoever you blamed in your first post - it's probably you doing something wrong. (which we all probably assume when reading a post by you, anyways)

Warz, if you had read the entire topic you would have realized I got the icon (partially) working ages ago. I also found a solution to my winsock problem -- don't use winsock 2.2.
<3 Zorm

Yegg

Quote from: brew on July 21, 2007, 12:06 PM

Warz, if you had read the entire topic you would have realized I got the icon (partially) working ages ago. I also found a solution to my winsock problem -- don't use winsock 2.2.

...How does that even relate to what warz said?

How is that a solution by not using Winsock 2.2?

brew

Quote from: Yegg on July 21, 2007, 03:04 PM
Quote from: brew on July 21, 2007, 12:06 PM

...How does that even relate to what warz said?

How is that a solution by not using Winsock 2.2?

Warz was talking about my problem in the first post, so i told him i got that working, and he was also talking about my winsock2.h problem, and i told him my solution for that. So anotherwords everything's just A-OK, i don't need any help with that anymore.

Its a solution because i'm able to continue on with my application without an error stopping me

I don't get why any of that matters though, yegg?
<3 Zorm

Yegg

warz said that you failed to show code. He didn't tell how to fix the problem. He said what you should have done in the first place when you needed help.

If you're not using Winsock 2.2, then what are you using?

It matters because you seem to have misunderstood what he said.

Explicit

Quote from: Yegg on July 21, 2007, 08:15 PM
warz said that you failed to show code. He didn't tell how to fix the problem. He said what you should have done in the first place when you needed help.

It matters because you seem to have misunderstood what he said.

Or you're making mountains out of molehills.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

brew

Quote from: Yegg on July 21, 2007, 08:15 PM
Winsock 1.1. (0x101 for my requested version in WSAStartup)
<3 Zorm

l2k-Shadow

i would still look into your code, i use winsock 2.2 and it works just fine. Don't expect your program to work well in the long run just because you fill it with bad workarounds and unstable solutions.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.