• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New top-secret 'Surface'

Started by Invert, May 30, 2007, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

no spht, it's not fake. i dont think it was entirely secret either. i seem to remember hearing about this not too long ago, but i did know something like this existed. not sure if it was microsoft's though. the phone, and camera stuff is awesome. great ideas.

UserLoser

Newby

Microsoft wins again. Apple, give up.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Hero

Apple did it first. Again.

Warrior

Wrong. Multitouch has existed since the 80's.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Newby

Quote from: heRo on May 30, 2007, 08:52 PM
Apple did it first. Again.

Quote from: Warrior on May 30, 2007, 09:27 PM
Wrong. Multitouch has existed since the 80's.

Fucking shit on.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Warrior

Here:

"Multi-touch has at least a 25 year history[5], beginning in 1982, with pioneering work being done at the University of Toronto (multi-touch tablets) and Bell Labs (multi-touch screens)."

from wikipedia.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Hero

Apple wins, they have the iPod.

Trance

Quote from: heRo on June 03, 2007, 09:25 PM
Apple wins, they have the iPod.
The iPod isn't even in the same product category? I like Apple too, but you don't need to be proclaiming victories for a battle that isn't taking place...

I can't wait to play with one of these during a dinner or something.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Microsoft wins, they have Windows.

Apache Foundation wins, they have Apache.

rabbit

iago wins.  He has lockdown.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Spht

New Zealand motor racing driver, Scott Dixon wins.  He placed fourth yesterday in round 6 of the 2007 Indy Racing League season at ABC Supply Company A.J. Foyt 225

Ringo

Nice.
Im sure I have seen somthing like this on youtube, where some guy was putting random objects down on the surface and they were making music (each objects weight/size and distance from other objects, created a sound/beat)
I will see if I can find it :P

Persionaly I wouldnt want to use this because of the wifi debate.

But im thinking this would be awsome for agame like starcraft2 tho :P
Persionaly I think the future of computers is to beable to intereact with the computer via thought. (USB brain wave hat please!)
This has already been done with a monkey and a microchip wired into the back of the skull, tapping into a nerv :) I belieave they got the monkey to operate machinery by reading its thoughts on a computer, once the monkey figgerd out it could controll the machine with out needing to move its arm/joy-stick.

EDIT: Found that youtube video

Barabajagal

Quote from: Ringo on June 04, 2007, 09:07 AM
Persionaly I think the future of computers is to beable to intereact with the computer via thought. (USB brain wave hat please!)
This has already been done with a monkey and a microchip wired into the back of the skull, tapping into a nerv :) I belieave they got the monkey to operate machinery by reading its thoughts on a computer, once the monkey figgerd out it could controll the machine with out needing to move its arm/joy-stick.
I already said the same thing and they all insulted me.

KrewL RaiN

That is holy crap xD

I would love drawing on that thing xD

Technology is evolving waaayy toooo fast omg ><

|