• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Future Games

Started by Invert, March 27, 2007, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

KrewL RaiN

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on March 29, 2007, 04:31 PM
Psh, that's a cover. Blizzard North is now an elite cult running Blizzard from the shadows. They're slowly infiltrating the government system by putting subliminal messages in the games we play, so when we get older and become more important people, they'll have complete control over us all!
* [RealityRipple] hides in a bomb shelter and eats spam every day

They lace the CD's with nanobots and when you open the case, they fly into the air and enter your brain. Then once they get enough people, they hit a button and we all turn into mindless zombies and burn down every government building
* KrewL RaiN wears a tinfoil hat to block out alien signals

warz

How do you know Blizzard is moving away from the RTS market? It doesn't seem logical, from a money and business perspective, to quit doing something that you rank #1 at. Personally, I'd like to see another Blizzard RTS - unless it resembles warcraft 3, which I thought sucked.

disco

Quote from: ♥ on March 30, 2007, 03:20 PM
How do you know Blizzard is moving away from the RTS market? It doesn't seem logical, from a money and business perspective, to quit doing something that you rank #1 at. Personally, I'd like to see another Blizzard RTS - unless it resembles warcraft 3, which I thought sucked.

That about sums up what I would have said.
Say it with me:

Spht

Warcraft: Heroes of Azeroth was just announced.  Can't wait to try this out

They basically took the World of Warcraft concept, and made it into a game like Starcraft, so it's a real-time strategy game.  I like the gameplay of Starcraft, and the storyline of Warcraft, so this is going to be a great mix.  You can play as four different races, unlike Starcraft.

The great thing about this is there's no subscription fee and you can play on Battle.net, unlike World of Warcraft

warz

Well, if it's a real-time strategy, follows the Warcraft story lines and has similar gameplay to Starcraft - doesn't that make it just another Warcraft III, but like Warcraft IV ?

Hostile

afaik when blizzard north was completely fired and sc ghost was finally trashed that pretty much summed up the rest of that crap. Diablo 3 had been placed in a WoW engine but ended with the firing. Any game the blizzard came out with right now would hurt the WoW community that is much more profitable to build up. Not to mention they have one obvious expansion in WoW left and potential for way more. Kind of sucks since I don't play anymore but oh well. Unreal Tournament 3 is probably the next game ill buy and get a new laptop for~
- Hostile is sexy.