• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

ClanGnome suggestions thread

Started by Spht, March 21, 2007, 01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spht

Baroness

Possibly if you could save and list the users that were in the channel at the time of the data capture to be noted on the website.

What about "Clan" channels, your operation is a bit "channel"ist, it seems :P

Spht

Quote from: Baroness on March 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
Possibly if you could save and list the users that were in the channel at the time of the data capture to be noted on the website.

That's possible, but unlikely to be done

Quote from: Baroness on March 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
What about "Clan" channels, your operation is a bit "channel"ist, it seems :P

What do you mean?  ClanGnome started off surveying ONLY clan channels.  This page is dedicated to clans.

Baroness

Well clan's are not only limited to Clan or Op channels, but both.

Hell-Lord

He didn't say anything about 'Clans' he said 'Clan Channels'.

Spht

In "gnome terminology," (I made that up) clan refers specifically to registered Warcraft III clans.  They are treated very differently from all other channels.

With registered Warcraft III clans, ClanGnome is able to accurately find and track clans and their members.

As for the other channels (such as public, op, private non-op), they are added to the database manually (with the exception of some of the public channels which are provided when you log onto Battle.net) since there is no easy way to automate that process.  ClanGnome does not give them any special recognition besides the type of channel they are, as there is no reliable way to classify them any differently.

I apologize if you feel you are being belittled because your op channel isn't called a clan. :)

KLePToNiTe

I was thinking on the stats page with the filters such as "Channel Volume > Warcraft II" instead of only showing the order of which these clans appear, show the actual statistic chosen. Like if I selected Azeroth, Full Day, Channel Volume > Warcraft II then it would show the average number of warcraft ii clans in the channel (or however you statistically order them) instead of showing clan members still. Just a helpful idea what do you think?

Spht

Quote from: KLePToNiTe on April 06, 2007, 03:17 PM
I was thinking on the stats page with the filters such as "Channel Volume > Warcraft II" instead of only showing the order of which these clans appear, show the actual statistic chosen. Like if I selected Azeroth, Full Day, Channel Volume > Warcraft II then it would show the average number of warcraft ii clans in the channel (or however you statistically order them) instead of showing clan members still. Just a helpful idea what do you think?

Good idea.  done

Edit: Also added additional search by peak period option

shibby

you should add channel #dota on east euro and west. it's usaully pretty active on euro/east, usaully 25+ at active times, and sometimes west too. if you have stuff like channel sex on your list you migjt as well add that

tagban

Quote from: shibby on July 15, 2007, 11:29 PM
you should add channel #dota on east euro and west. it's usaully pretty active on euro/east, usaully 25+ at active times, and sometimes west too. if you have stuff like channel sex on your list you migjt as well add that

Channel #dota?  Battle.net <> IRC.

Jerespar4

Maybe you should list clans that have a bot or on the lines of clans that have trivia.   :)

rabbit

List clans that suck (have trivia) and don't suck (have people that have some sort of skill at the game).
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Spht

It just lists channels it has.  There's no way to determine what the channel is actually used for

iago

To see if people have skill in the game, their stats can be used. That's not 100% meaningful, but might be interesting.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Spht

Quote from: iago on July 28, 2007, 12:45 PM
To see if people have skill in the game, their stats can be used. That's not 100% meaningful, but might be interesting.

It already does that for Warcraft III clans, but you can't do it for op channels since no one really "belongs" to a channel besides the ops