• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNCUtil

Started by ansichart, March 20, 2007, 10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ansichart

I use to have a sample of a Visual Basic bot with BNCUtil.  I think it came with BNCUtil when I downloaded it off their official home page.  However, I can't find their homepage or it has been taken down.  I really want to see that sample again.  And the BnetDocs are down which doesn't help much.  Anyone know where I can get my hands on it?

Baroness

http://bncsutil.ionws.com/ was the old and only (remains of one, might I add) website for this utility.

As it seems to be stated from looking around, BNCSUtil won't be updated simply because of the fact it will never work with the new hashing styles of Battle.net as of late.

I could be wrong though.

Ersan

BNCSUtil will work fine (and even make older bots work, if they were written correctly to begin with) as soon as someone reverses the new algorithm. - It still works for all clients except for starcraft and warcraft 2

The homepage is gone, and I don't have any links to example sources, but the latest working version of bncsutil (patched by K) is at http://www.jwkfs.net/archive.php?show=3

It's simple enough that you shouldn't need an example to copy off of...

Barabajagal

No, it doesn't work for all clients except sc and w2, it ONLY works for war3 and d2. No STAR, SEXP, JSTR, SSHR, W2BN, DRTL, or DSHR.

MysT_DooM

also works for macintosh sshr

edit: theres a big thread labeled bncsutil that shud have some code in it; u might wana check that out

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

Baroness

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on March 26, 2007, 01:53 PM
No, it doesn't work for all clients except sc and w2, it ONLY works for war3 and d2. No STAR, SEXP, JSTR, SSHR, W2BN, DRTL, or DSHR.

Now it makes sense.

topaz

The name Baroness seems awfully familiar

Are you a roleplayer from channel Sex/Gay?
RLY...?

Hdx

Baron is a noble ranking.
Baroness is a female baron.
Its a common name.
As for BNCSUtil
Technically, it still works for every client.
Its just that the function it uses is outdated for every client but d2/wc3
A little tip for anyone who is going to make another dll like this.
Include all three versions of the checkrevision function.
As to allow for use of any of the older functions as needed.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

three? We've got lockdown and ver. what else is there?

MyndFyre

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on March 26, 2007, 05:32 PM
three? We've got lockdown and ver. what else is there?
The old one, ix86verX.dll. 
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Barabajagal

That's the same as the new ver, with a different naming convention, isn't it?

Hdx

PLATver#.dll 'Checksum of three files, truncated each at 1024 intervals
ver-PLAT-#.dll 'Checksum of three files, padded to 1024 interval
CODENAME-PLAT-##.dll 'Checksum of parts of the three file + dx buffer +some other funkey stuff iono about.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Denial

Baroness is a clan member of mine who hasnt been around for a few years but is back now.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Ersan

Yea I remember Baroness, shes pimp...

Quote from: RealityRippleSTAR, SEXP, JSTR, SSHR, W2BN, DRTL, or DSHR
Yeah, "Starcraft and Warcraft 2" pretty much encompasses all of those, barring Diablo 1 - I should've known to be unnecessarily specific so I wouldn't have to deal with idiotic semantics.  HEY YOU DIDNT SAY IT WORKS FOR FROZEN THRONE GUESS THAT MAKES YOU WRONG... seriously...

Quote from: DenialBaroness is a clan member of mine who hasnt been around for a few years but is back now.
You say that like she's your property...

Mystical

Quote from: topaz on March 26, 2007, 04:47 PM
The name Baroness seems awfully familiar

Are you a roleplayer from channel Sex/Gay?

well now we know what you do.