Re: Can someone confirm this?

Started by Ersan, March 13, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cefx-

cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

Mystical

Now that im older, I don't have the time to be hanging around learning new languages, I try slowly, but as you can see in "web development forum", I have a bussniess to run and i can't even get that site up :P well i probley could, but it would be the uglyiest thing anyones ever seen!

Sorc.Polgara

Quote from: cefx- on March 17, 2007, 03:29 PM
that's a pretty poor reason to pursue learning something, if you're advising someone.
Not really advising.  Just stating what the market is looking like right now, or was looking like (demand could have changed a bit, more or less since I last checked).

Really, I've seen so many declared CS majors go in it to the major for all the wrong reasons.  Money and jobs being one of the top reasons.  Of course they end up changing majors b/c they can't cut it math and programming wise.

Ersan

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=16476.msg166845#msg166845 date=1174161778]
Yeah, C# 2 is far superior to any language I've ever used before.

Either you're being sarcastic or you're a dumbass.  Probably both.

I guess the bottom line is if you're writing windowed applications for use on windows only, then the VS2005 IDE and one of the .NET languages is probably a good idea.  If you aren't, use a more efficient language.  I haven't written anything like that in awhile, or had the need to.  And in my personal opinion that target is way too specific.

And the performance benefits of pure ASM or C over C#.NET are not 'slight' - I would hope nobody's deluded enough to believe that.  Again if you're writing a windowed application for the windows platform performance probably isn't a major concern.  Not my line of work by any means.

Warrior

Quote from: Ersan on March 18, 2007, 06:07 AM
Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=16476.msg166845#msg166845 date=1174161778]
Yeah, C# 2 is far superior to any language I've ever used before.

Either you're being sarcastic or you're a dumbass.  Probably both.

Or maybe that's the opinion he's entitled to

Quote from: Ersan on March 18, 2007, 06:07 AM.
I guess the bottom line is if you're writing windowed applications for use on windows only, then the VS2005 IDE and one of the .NET languages is probably a good idea.  If you aren't, use a more efficient language.  I haven't written anything like that in awhile, or had the need to.  And in my personal opinion that target is way too specific.

I've written libraries, even 3D Libraries in .NET. It doesn't get more performance intensive than that. I havn't had any noticeable FPS loss when compared to a game written in a non managed language. Plus, it's benefits are largely noticeable in how fast I can develop something useful.

Quote from: Ersan on March 18, 2007, 06:07 AM
And the performance benefits of pure ASM or C over C#.NET are not 'slight' - I would hope nobody's deluded enough to believe that.

Sure they are. When writing assembly, you're trying to beat a nonmanaged language compiler and all of it's optimizations. The same goes for the .NET CLR and the optimizations it takes into account while JITing MSIL. You can go ahead and take a step backwards in productivity for minimal speed improvements.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Ersan

No.  Anyways this discussion is way off topic and pointless, I'm done.

Where'd the first half of this thread go, I certainly didn't start it...