• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Clearing some things up...?

Started by GoaL, February 01, 2007, 01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brew

Can you fuck off, Melissa Ye***?
Keep going, I might have to ctrl+v your contact info.

Anyways @ Ripple, true. He (may) still be using the old window hook method. And haha, the blizzard dev team is probably bored out of their minds and wait for us to say something that sounds like a good idea to smash up battle.net connection emulators again, then we say to ourselves "d'oh shouldn'tve said that" because they used our ideas. And by this, I'm saying it's definate that they have been updating the server for countermeasures against not only hacks, but bots too.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Barabajagal

Of course they will. The day after lockdown came out, I asked a blizzard rep about it in Blizzard Tech Support. After badgering him and being kicked out twice, he finally admitted it was an anti-bot measure.

brew

Quote from: Ripple on February 03, 2007, 07:23 PM
Of course they will. The day after lockdown came out, I asked a blizzard rep about it in Blizzard Tech Support. After badgering him and being kicked out twice, he finally admitted it was an anti-bot measure.

First, you go on battle.net? And also, what rep did you ask? How would he know? They are just tech support, after all. The blizzard dev team is the only one who should know about these countermeasures anyways.
<3 Zorm

Skywing

Quote from: BreW on February 03, 2007, 07:16 PM
Can you fuck off, Melissa Ye***?
Keep going, I might have to ctrl+v your contact info.

Anyways @ Ripple, true. He (may) still be using the old window hook method. And haha, the blizzard dev team is probably bored out of their minds and wait for us to say something that sounds like a good idea to smash up battle.net connection emulators again, then we say to ourselves "d'oh shouldn'tve said that" because they used our ideas. And by this, I'm saying it's definate that they have been updating the server for countermeasures against not only hacks, but bots too.

I don't think that Blizzard considers emubots worth serious developer time at this point.  That's not to say that they won't seize the opportunity if there is a trivial change that can make life harder for emubot developers, but the main source of customer pain on Battle.net that Blizzard is attempting to alleviate is game hacks and not bots.

In other words, Blizzard has bigger fish to fry with their counter-hack team than a couple of bot developers.  Spam bots and the like might be annoying, but, say, disconnect hacks are way worse from a customer satisfaction perspective.

UserLoser

Quote from: Ripple on February 03, 2007, 07:23 PM

They were probably sick of being annoyed by you and since you can't take the hint to leave, he just gave you what you wanted to hear or you're just making it up.  I would think that this clearly isn't a anti-bot measure, the main reason of the lockdown is for anti-hack protection.  Sure it could be anti-bot because it "requires" you to have the game running for the video capture needed, but like I said, not just to get rid of bots.

Mystical

Sad thing since this lockdown was released, hacks have gotten worse, well atleast the one i use for scbw, gezz basicly lets me do anything!

brew

Haha, did anyone notice half of squeak's posts have been deleted? It makes me look like I'm talking to myself now. *sigh*

I'm sure most of you believe this patch is targeted to disable hacks for starcraft/broodwar, but consider the fact that x40 - x50 times as many possible checksum formulas were added to blizzard's database only two days after Ante's CRDB was released.

@ Mystical, you acually go on the game "starcraft"? I wouldn't know very much about hacks since I don't play it, but from what I hear they are getting worse. Still, none are worse then the crash hack (sends a character below a space in game) which had been patched long ago. In general, hacks are becoming less dangerous thanks to Blizzard's wealth of anti hacking systems and occasional warden patches. If blizzard really wants to stop hacks, the only way they can do it is by updating starcraft.exe itself, and not use some .mpq workaround. Also, why would they care about starcraft? what about Starcraft 2? It's been confirmed, it is being released late 2007.
<3 Zorm

rabbit

Confirmed?  No.  Hinted at?  Yes.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Barabajagal

Sorry, had lots of RAM problems last night... constant Blue Screens, etc... I'll try to find the log of the conversation with the rep, but I've reformatted since then, so I doubt i have it. It is an anti-bot measure, thought you can believe whatever you want.

Mystical

Yes, I still play starcraft broodwar, I think its still a great game along with WarCraft II, atleast you still have ladder in warcraft II =) but the hacks are getting worse, and i don't see what reps would even know about the patchs as they are here for support, anyways skywing made it sound better i'd go with w/e he says, if it was a anti bot movement, then for sure there is easy ways to just stop bots completely, i think this is a anti-hack movment,

Barabajagal

then why hasn't it cut back on hacks at all? All you have to do is enable hacks after the initial connection (before login even) and you'll be fine. A No-CD crack that edits memory can just edit it back to normal for the connection. Bots suffered the most from lockdown...

Mystical

thats cuz bnets just retarded lol

Barabajagal

I dunno, their system seems pretty well done (except for the lack of standardization, but that can be attributed to age and updatability [<--is that a word?]).

UserLoser

Quote from: Mystical on February 04, 2007, 11:54 AM
Sad thing since this lockdown was released, hacks have gotten worse, well atleast the one i use for scbw, gezz basicly lets me do anything!

You do know that your game is actively downloading and running a file performing memory scans and reporting the information back to a Battle.net server, right?  I wouldn't be suprised if your account is gone in a couple of months or so.

Barabajagal

|