clsCRDB class for SC/BW lockdown

Started by Ringo, January 15, 2007, 07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser

* UserLoser anxiously waits for a new CheckRevision to come out

Chriso

Quote from: UserLoser on January 15, 2007, 10:54 PM
* UserLoser anxiously waits for the a CheckRevision to come out

Agreed, does anyone know whats happening with BNLS? Why is it down?

Chriso

I know, it was another question entirely.

I agreed with his anxiety for a CheckRevision to come out.

UserLoser

Sorry, typo.  Meant "for a new" not sure how I typed "the a".  Meaning, waiting for Blizzard to release a new one now that people have released public ways to get around it.

To clarify, no, I was not waiting for someone to release something.  If I had cared for this that much I would have finished reversing it a couple of months back.

replaced

how u get this thing to work?  the exe keeps on giving me runtime error 424 "object required"

I inserted the object in the main form, it says coded by raidenmzx blah blah blah

Private Sub Form_Load()
ldocx.SetPassword "SetPassword"
ldocx.ReadyData

It gives me the runtime when  ldocx.SetPassword "SetPassword"  is called

Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Ringo

Quote from: DDA-TriCk-E on January 15, 2007, 10:47 PM
RaidenMZX + Ante have released a Lockdown VB6 OCX file which logs onto StarCraft / Broodwar about 90% of the time.

Read more:
http://miragechat.net/support/index.php?topic=1133.0

Thats just a compiled CRDB? :P
Just re-dl CRDB.bin and it will work 99% of the time :P
I will leave my test program running over night, to get the extra 1% ;)

warz

You cannot guarantee that, though. I would only suggest using these temporary fixes if you don't mind finding a new one sooner. I'm not saying that I think battlenet will switch things up, but who's to say a patch won't be released, or that they won't just change the code value to checkrevision version correlation up? Either of those would render that .bin file completely, 100% useless. I still would suggest bnls to those of you that want to be 100% positive your client will connect, without failure. I further suggest figuring this thing out the correct way.

Skeptical

Aside from what warz said because he has a point.

GJ ringo for thinking of and taking the time to code such a project.

Mystical

I hate implemting new things, everytime i get a new thing implemented a new patch comes out like the very next day ahah damn work around i wonder what skywing really did though so don't have to use temps.

Ringo

Quote from: warz on January 16, 2007, 02:16 AM
You cannot guarantee that, though. I would only suggest using these temporary fixes if you don't mind finding a new one sooner. I'm not saying that I think battlenet will switch things up, but who's to say a patch won't be released, or that they won't just change the code value to checkrevision version correlation up? Either of those would render that .bin file completely, 100% useless. I still would suggest bnls to those of you that want to be 100% positive your client will connect, without failure. I further suggest figuring this thing out the correct way.
Did you Read this? I think your missing the point. ;p
This was never ment to be 100% perfect everlasting workaround method for lockdown.
But if it does get to 100% at the best of times (long streching patchs) then thats an added bonus, no?
One would begin to think it was you who has "For sale:  Battle.net version check file patching code, $300." in there profile :P

l2k-Shadow

I wonder if the fact that there is ~2000 requests is due to a bug in the system or how it was meant to be done. You'd think they would develop a work-around method for the server to compare the results from the client instead of having a database of all possible requests, that's the shittiest professional programming idea ever.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Skywing

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on January 16, 2007, 01:28 PM
I wonder if the fact that there is ~2000 requests is due to a bug in the system or how it was meant to be done. You'd think they would develop a work-around method for the server to compare the results from the client instead of having a database of all possible requests, that's the shittiest professional programming idea ever.
Not really.  Calculating the CheckRevision challenge response is an expensive operation, and not one that would be desirable to do anew each time a user connects to Battle.net.

Server-side caching of CheckRevision challenge responses has been in place for a very long time now.  It is not new.

warz

Quote from: Ringo on January 16, 2007, 01:25 PMOne would begin to think it was you who has "For sale:  Battle.net version check file patching code, $300." in there profile :P

What?

Newby

Quote from: warz on January 16, 2007, 04:13 PM
Quote from: Ringo on January 16, 2007, 01:25 PMOne would begin to think it was you who has "For sale:  Battle.net version check file patching code, $300." in there profile :P

What?

He compared you to UserLoser. Daaaamn. That sucks. I'd probably kill myself at that point. :(
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

|