• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Folders opening in a new window..

Started by QwertyMonster, December 15, 2006, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QwertyMonster

Ok starcraft mucked up my folders, but then i fixed it. I messed around with settings before it was fixed though..

Now whenever i go to my C drive and open Program Files, it opens a new window. I have gone through all of the folder options and set everything normal (not to open in a new window) but it still does it.

Help please?

Thanks in advance.

topaz

I've never heard of Starcraft doing anything like that, I think you're just a dumbass.

Appearance and Themes -> Folder Options -> General -> Browse Folders -> Open each folder in the same window -> Apply -> Ok
RLY...?

QwertyMonster

Quote from: topaz on December 15, 2006, 03:56 PM
I've never heard of Starcraft doing anything like that, I think you're just a dumbass.

Appearance and Themes -> Folder Options -> General -> Browse Folders -> Open each folder in the same window -> Apply -> Ok

No i think your the dumbass for not reading my post. I CLEARLY said that i have tried that.

And starcraft did muck it up, because it crashed while i was connecting and i alt tabbed and my dekstop went all weird and then my folder options mucked up, i dunno why..

topaz

Then it's either explorer or you're infected. Either way, you're a dumbass - Starcraft doesn't randomly crash unless you're doing something you shouldn't be, and there are precious few ways to modify folder options other than what I said above. I checked Google, and this looks like a pretty isolated incident - so it is you.
RLY...?

SecureBot

Probably a pirated copy of StarCraft.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: topaz on December 15, 2006, 06:28 PM
Then it's either explorer or you're infected. Either way, you're a dumbass - Starcraft doesn't randomly crash unless you're doing something you shouldn't be, and there are precious few ways to modify folder options other than what I said above. I checked Google, and this looks like a pretty isolated incident - so it is you.

So, if you were the victim of a crash hack, you did something wrong by joining the game as Battle.net was created for? Oh.

Quote from: rcrockett on January 23, 2007, 03:14 PM

You're running a pirated copy of life. I'll end your subscription to the service for you right now. *BAM*
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Newby

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=16137.msg163504#msg163504 date=1169590731]

You're running a pirated copy of life. I'll end your subscription to the service for you right now. *BAM*

Sad attempt at humor. :(
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

topaz

So, if you were the victim of a crash hack, you did something wrong by joining the game as Battle.net was created for? Oh.

I've never seen a crash hack, so that's an unlikely scenario. You try too hard
RLY...?

Invert

Stop calling people "dumbass." It's not proper English.

DeTaiLs

Quote from: topaz on January 23, 2007, 06:46 PM

I've never seen a crash hack, so that's an unlikely scenario. You try too hard
So just because you havent seen something that means it dosen't exist? And yes drop hacks and crash hacks are very big on Starcraft and occur almost every game you join.

topaz

I've seen drop hacks before, but never a crash hack. I have serious doubts its possible
RLY...?

DeTaiLs

Get on Starcraft I will show you, simply changing any unit's state will cause the unit to become an invaild spirite and cause anybody who looks at it to crash.

Joe[x86]

It's an unlikely scenario that you'll ever amount to anything, topaz.

Dumbass.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

FrOzeN

Numerous people use crash hacks, especially with UMS.

I'm not sure if they've patched this yet, but a few years ago when I made maps. I found a few different ways to make StarCraft crash while doing certain things in UMS maps. Though, it was generally by mistake and made testing a hassle. :-/
~ FrOzeN

Mystical

im guessing you tried to restart your computer huh.