• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

lockdown-IX86-XX.mpq Update - argument component

Started by BreW, October 31, 2006, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Joe[x86]

Actually warz, I both bashed BreW and contributed.

EDIT -
Knowing ASM doesn't get you that far, Ringo. Look how many people still bash me all the time? :P
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

replaced

can we get a non-bnls solution here?
I don't want the days when you HAD to load stealthbot to load a damn war3 bot up since bnls wants control.

Now who here has the power mac sc hash files?  ;D

If i don't see this posted on here soon, i'll run a damn emulator just to get these hash files!  Or buy a powermac on ebay.

Now, do the 0-7 pmac files give out different solutions than the ix86 counterparts?

Ersan

Yeah that's impossible to get around...
(note: elipses denote sarcasm)

topaz

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=15964.msg160740#msg160740 date=1162702206]
Actually warz, I both bashed BreW and contributed.

EDIT -
Knowing ASM doesn't get you that far, Ringo. Look how many people still bash me all the time? :P

No, you just aren't that good and/or you don't do anything noteworthy.
RLY...?

replaced

Quote from: Skywing on November 04, 2006, 11:40 PM
You are welcome to reverse engineer a complete implementation of the new vercheck mechanism, or a way to call the Blizzard code, if you so desire.

If you do not want to do that, then BNLS is an option that is available to you.

Given that the system appears to be designed to stop certain types of game hacks, I do not feel that it would be in the general public interest to release details as to how the new system works.  As a result, I would like to retain the ability to block access to things like game hacks that might try to use BNLS to avoid detection.

What an excuse, nearly all game hacks in ladder are already detectable (for war3).  You can start the hack AFTER you login.  I remember the excuses used for not releasing war3 hashing out.  Someone might h4x0r using war3 hashes. 
Now ALL the non-bnls bots don't work!  When was the last time you seen someone massload before this new login?  I haven't seen a massload in months before this new checkrevision.  Anyone here have a pmac loading chatbot?

Can someone tell me why it was important that bnls / valhalla keep the war3 hashing a secret?

Kp

The newer games feature support for the Warden client.  As was noted previously, this is a defense-in-depth solution.  The lockdown library causes logon to fail if you have modified the code that loads Warden (or so I have heard).  Thus, you must allow Warden at least during login.  Therefore, Blizzard can download Warden during login to perform more extensive anti-cheating measures.  If the Warden client persists in memory to keep an eye on you, the only way to safely enable a cheat would be to locate Warden's code and apply a patch to blind it to your changes.  This is possible, just as it is possible to pass lockdown without using BNLS.  Whether anyone will do it and release code to implement it is quite another matter.

If you are so convinced that this information needs to be out there, go ahead and post it.  We might delete it, but I'm sure you could eventually find a forum that wants you to post the information there.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Ersan

Kp

Quote from: Ersan on November 05, 2006, 11:14 AM
Hasn't starcraft always supported Warden?

No.  It appeared many revisions ago, but I think it was not there when I began playing.

Ersan

Yeah, I meant for a long time (since WoW came out, probably), not always, sorry.

replaced

Then why has JSTR been changed to use lockdown?
I KNOW it doesn't have warden and never been patched for cheats.

UserLoser

Quote from: Kp on November 05, 2006, 11:03 AM
The newer games feature support for the Warden client.  As was noted previously, this is a defense-in-depth solution.  The lockdown library causes logon to fail if you have modified the code that loads Warden (or so I have heard).  Thus, you must allow Warden at least during login.  Therefore, Blizzard can download Warden during login to perform more extensive anti-cheating measures.  If the Warden client persists in memory to keep an eye on you, the only way to safely enable a cheat would be to locate Warden's code and apply a patch to blind it to your changes.  This is possible, just as it is possible to pass lockdown without using BNLS.  Whether anyone will do it and release code to implement it is quite another matter.

If you are so convinced that this information needs to be out there, go ahead and post it.  We might delete it, but I'm sure you could eventually find a forum that wants you to post the information there.

Hmm, I thought Warden wasn't done during logon (or has not in a long time), rather when server wants a Warden library to run it sends the client message 0x5e, see battle.snp disassembly.

Kp

Quote from: UserLoser on November 05, 2006, 12:10 PM
Quote from: Kp on November 05, 2006, 11:03 AMThe newer games feature support for the Warden client.  As was noted previously, this is a defense-in-depth solution.  The lockdown library causes logon to fail if you have modified the code that loads Warden (or so I have heard).  Thus, you must allow Warden at least during login.  Therefore, Blizzard can download Warden during login to perform more extensive anti-cheating measures.  If the Warden client persists in memory to keep an eye on you, the only way to safely enable a cheat would be to locate Warden's code and apply a patch to blind it to your changes.  This is possible, just as it is possible to pass lockdown without using BNLS.  Whether anyone will do it and release code to implement it is quite another matter.

Hmm, I thought Warden wasn't done during logon (or has not in a long time), rather when server wants a Warden library to run it sends the client message 0x5e, see battle.snp disassembly.

Yes, you're right.  However, at least from what I recall, there's no checking in the client that prevents Blizzard from starting Warden sooner.  The lockdown library makes it harder to block Warden from executing, as well as blocking minor hacks out without needing a separate Warden download.

Ersan

MyndFyre

It's unclear to me where the correlation is between preventing hacks and communism....
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Hero

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on November 06, 2006, 10:41 PM
It's unclear to me where the correlation is between preventing hacks and communism....
Pipe down, Bill.

|