• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

lockdown-IX86-XX.mpq update?

Started by Ringo, October 31, 2006, 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Denial

Quote from: Newby on November 06, 2006, 05:58 PM
I'm tempted to host 'em on a foreign server that doesn't fuck with feds. They'd simply laugh and say "fuck yourself."

As i stated i would be happy to host them for you guys.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Newby

12 seconds later. I didn't catch that ::).
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Hero

Did this change affect diablo 2 now?

Logitech

Quote from: Skywing on November 04, 2006, 11:14 PM
Although you can continue to access the version check feature for these products using the old-style version check messages (BNLS_VERSIONCHECK, BNLS_VERSIONCHECKEX), it is highly recommended that you upgrade to BNLS_VERSIONCHECKEX2 as quickly as possible.  BNLS_VERSIONCHECKEX2 allows BNLS to decide which version check mechanism to use, instead of guessing that it is always enabled for Starcraft / Brood War.  This allows maximum future compatibility with any later changes to the version check system.

Can anyone give me some pointers on this? At the moment I can connect to bnet, but I get a lot of '(0x0101) Game version unrecognized' errors, which makes it rather hit or miss.

I've looked on bnetdocs but I can't see that's been updated to take this into account.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Arta

Use BNLS. Bnetdocs will be updated at some point.

Logitech

I am using BNLS. It's with BNLS that I am getting these errors, intermittently.

Skywing

Quote from: Logitech on November 07, 2006, 03:28 AM
Perhaps you are not sending the full dll version to BNLS (or MPQ filename with BNLS_VERSIONCHECKEX2)?  Remember that there are two digits now.

Warrior

Good job, Skywing and anyone else who helped.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

iago

Quote from: heRo on November 06, 2006, 07:44 PM
Did this change affect diablo 2 now?
From what I've seen, the new .dll file doesn't support Diablo 2 or Warcraft 3, which is a good sign.  Of course, it wouldn't be terribly hard for them to roll a different lockdown .dll for those..
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Networks

Someone send me them, I'll host it today on a Malaysian server. You know my AIM, I'll be waiting.

Logitech

Quote from: Skywing on November 07, 2006, 09:39 AM
Quote from: Logitech on November 07, 2006, 03:28 AM
Perhaps you are not sending the full dll version to BNLS (or MPQ filename with BNLS_VERSIONCHECKEX2)?  Remember that there are two digits now.

Thanks. I think the problem's in here, right?

Case &H50
mpqname = Mid(data, InStr(LCase(data), "mpq") - 2, 5)
HASH = Mid(data, InStr(data, "mpq") + 4, Len(data) - 2)
mpqname = Val(Mid(mpqname, 1, 1))
server = Val("&h" & StrToHex(StrReverse(Mid(data, 9, 4))))
InsertDWORD GetBNLSByte()
InsertDWORD CLng(mpqname)
InsertNTString HASH
sendBNLSPacket &H9

Hdx

That is indeed where you are extracting the archive number, incorrectly.
The new lockdown MPQs are 2 digets, whereis you're only sending one.
Try extracting the full archive name, and then retrieving the number based off of that (Remamber the formats are: PRODver#.mpq ver-PROD-#.mpq lockdown-PROD-##.mpq)
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Networks

I don't understand why BNLS_VERSIONCHECKEX2 only supports those products that have been affected with the lockdown issue. Why not make the packet support all the clients and let BNLS decide what values to throw back based on whether the product is still compliant with the old login procedure or the new login procedure with the updated check revision.

It's going to be a headache later on if D2 switches and we all have to change our if statements so it supports the new one. I don't see what's wrong with keeping the old bnls version check for older clients and letting the new one take over so our bots remain as versatile to future updates for other products that change.

I understand you already made the packet format and people may hate to change their bot once again to comply with it but I think it's in our best interests later on so the headache doesn't occur again and we aren't sitting around with bots that don't work for war3, d2.

If I am wrong, I am wrong but that's my take. Feel free to make things more clear for me.

Logitech

Quote from: Hdx on November 07, 2006, 11:04 AM
That is indeed where you are extracting the archive number, incorrectly.
The new lockdown MPQs are 2 digets, whereis you're only sending one.
Try extracting the full archive name, and then retrieving the number based off of that (Remamber the formats are: PRODver#.mpq ver-PROD-#.mpq lockdown-PROD-##.mpq)
~-~(HDX)~-~

Thanks, I'll look again at my code and let you know how I go.

|