• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Warcraft II BNE

Started by RealityRipple, September 21, 2006, 07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=15763.msg158620#msg158620 date=1158892836]
There was a WarCraft II DOS version, MyndFyre? I don't know much about W2: Tides of Darkness (rather than W2: BNE), but I suppose it was in DOS?

Yup.  Tides of Darkness was the original, and Into the Dark Portal was the expansion.  AFAIK, both were available only on CD-ROM.

The original Warcraft game shipped on four 3.5" floppy diskettes and MIDI background music, or a CD-ROM with digital music tracks.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser

How are you supposed to make a no CD crack if you don't have the game to test it on?

RealityRipple

Quote from: UserLoser on September 21, 2006, 09:53 PM
How are you supposed to make a no CD crack if you don't have the game to test it on?
guess and have someone else check?

The basic idea behind all my No-CD cracks is the same.
1) Copy any required files from the cd (INSTALL.EXE for w2bn).
2) Create a cracked version of Storm.dll (find 66 81 F9 00 1F 74, change 74 to EB) and change registry keys to look in the right place.
3) Use the cracked version to load the game, then switch back to the normal version immediately so that it will work on BNet.
4) Clean up.

RealityRipple

BTW, edited the no-cd to change the path to a direct location (it was "." before). Maybe it will work now? http://realityripple.com/Uploads/nob.zip

l2k-Shadow

There you go, now it works, good job.

lmao, you are keeping the storm.dll at the end of the file?
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

RealityRipple

Wootz! Yay for stabbing the dark blindly!

You tested connecting to bnet, too, right?

l2k-Shadow

Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

RealityRipple

Good. then it's time to put it on my site as a working file. Thanks guys (especially |2k)!

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: RealityRipple on September 21, 2006, 10:47 PM
Good. then it's time to put it on my site as a working file. Thanks guys (especially |2k)!

it's L2K, Ruthless Killaz, R spelled L2.

RealityRipple

aww, but pipes are more fun. And ya, it has a cracked copy of storm in the Resource File at the end. It's a very simplistic design, no data/memory editing required, just file renaming.

Hero

I could never find a war2 cd crack, I'll have to install it again, thanks. =)

RealityRipple

The final working version (along with d1, sc, and war3 No-CDs) can be found here: http://realityripple.com/software/other/
I like the new war2 icon i made :)

l2k-Shadow

still it has to retrieve the file from the CD, so if you don't have the CD or it is scratched (which is really the only 2 reasons people want a no-CD crack) you're screwed either way. :P

vuther.de

I tried out your Starcraft and Warcraft III No-CD crack, it gave me a error when I ran it. I don't remember the error.

RealityRipple

I'd appreciate it if you tried again and told me what the error was... (The crack has to be in the game's directory, by the way). As for requiring the CD, ya... There's no way around that. Only Warcraft 3 can run without any extra files from the CD. Every other game stores something important on the cd. For d1 it's Diabdat.mpq, for SC and war2 it's INSTALL.EXE, and for D2 it's some MPQ's...

|