• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNLS's Lifetime

Started by Win32, September 03, 2006, 05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Networks

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on September 04, 2006, 09:55 PM
Quote from: replaced on September 04, 2006, 09:37 PM
BNLS is running so they can log all every single keys, pwords, accounts, ips, proxies they can get their hands on!!!
/me kills replaced

More on topic:  Just curious, but how much does it cost you guys to run BNLS?

I don't remember if it's hosted on Thing's server or not but if it is, ask Thing if he charges :P

Joe[x86]

Judging by a few posts somewhere (I don't remember) Thing provides it to vL free of charge. I don't think they ever came straight out and said it, but things like "take it easy on the server" and "thank him for his wonderful service" etc made it sound like it was given as a gift. So in that case the cost of BNLS would be free to host, for them, and cheap for thing considering it's only using bandwidth and a few processor cycles (it's optimized to hell and back, from what I understand) on a server he's already paid for.

EDIT -
As far as bandwidth, I'm interested in what it does use. I'd wager a few gigabytes per month. Yoni?
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

replaced

ummmm, they admitted to logging all keys and pwords that use bnls so if u happen to have ur account password changed and key banned u now know who did it.

rabbit

You're just mad because you got scammed, and you don't know who did it, so you blame Skywing and Yoni.  Don't you know that Israelis can't lie?  It's in their DNA!

Anyway, what purpose would logging IPs and proxies do?  If they can dupe thousands upon thousands of people into sending their CD-Keys and Account passwords to them, do you really think they are stupid?  Did you know that Skywing invented proxies?
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

UserLoser

Quote from: replaced on September 05, 2006, 09:51 AM
ummmm, they admitted to logging all keys and pwords that use bnls so if u happen to have ur account password changed and key banned u now know who did it.

BNLS has been up for nearly 4-5 years at my count.  If the intention of the service was to log CdKeys, account names, and passwords, then why would it still be up today?

rabbit

And even if they did log passwords, you can get your account back with e-mail registration, so it doesn't really matter.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

topaz

Quote from: rabbit on September 05, 2006, 10:45 AM
You're just mad because you got scammed, and you don't know who did it, so you blame Skywing and Yoni.  Don't you know that Israelis can't lie?  It's in their DNA!

Anyway, what purpose would logging IPs and proxies do?  If they can dupe thousands upon thousands of people into sending their CD-Keys and Account passwords to them, do you really think they are stupid?  Did you know that Skywing invented proxies?

LOL
RLY...?

Mystical

Quote from: Yoni on September 03, 2006, 02:43 PM
Uhh, I dunno. I was thinking of taking it down next week or so. Is anyone using it?

I think its a good option to have in a bot, specially if you don't have time, and the clients have updated and not wanting to waste the time you don't have to connect to new hash, bnls option is always there for you. =)

Joe[x86]

[01:36:33] Checking versions and CD-key...
[01:36:34] Error 10061 connecting to Battle.net logon server!
[01:36:34] Connecting to Battle.net logon server bnls.valhallalegends.com...
[01:36:36] Error 10061 connecting to Battle.net logon server!
[01:36:36] Connecting to Battle.net logon server www.valhallalegends.com...

LOL.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Mystical

[05:40:01] EternalChat has failed to connect to the Battle.net logon server! Connection is forcefully rejected!

that blows..

Explicit

I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

FrostWraith

Mystical

wait a minute... soo does yoni or skywing kinda have an estimate if bnls will be up much longer? or is it down for good =\ i don't wanna re-write it in my dll if its not gunna be sticking around... ;\

FrostWraith

We still got JBLS, so you might as well rewrite it.

Yegg

Quote from: FrostWraith on September 07, 2006, 05:55 PM
We still got JBLS, so you might as well rewrite it.

Either BNLS had a temporary downtime by coincidence, or whoever currently manages it was just fooling around with you. BNLS connected for me this morning no problem (about 3am).

|