• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Looking to write a very simple chat bot

Started by ChEeZeBaLL, May 27, 2006, 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChEeZeBaLL

I just finished up an intro to java class and I've been trying to think of a project to start. I used to be into bots and warring and shit way back in the day and I think it would be cool to write a simple chat bot (one that logs on using just the b.net chat thing, not emulating a game). Could someone point me in the right direction for where I could learn about writing a simple chat bot (preferibly in java).

MyndFyre

The chat protocol is no longer supported on Battle.net.  It's game emulation or bust!
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

ChEeZeBaLL

shit, i didnt know that. I havent actually connected to b.net for over a year.

topaz

Useful links for bot development...

www.javaop.com
www.bncsutil.ionws.com
www.bnetdocs.com
http://forum.valhallalegends.com/index.php?action=search
RLY...?

hismajesty

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 27, 2006, 07:50 PM
The chat protocol is no longer supported on Battle.net.  It's game emulation or bust!

Really? When/Why did that happen?

rabbit

It happened roughly 3 and a half months ago because the Chat network was completely useless (to Blizzard).
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.